Software Engineer I
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 165140
Position Title: Software Engineer I
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA’s games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social. Software Engineer – I, Player & Developer Experience Team - EA Digital Platform (EADP)
You will report to Manager, Software Engineering
- Performance engineering of different console games. This includes coming up with a test design, game play-inspired scenarios and evaluating actual game logs to come up with an accurate representation of load to create and setting up complex distributed test environment to run tests and create load.
- You will create and improve test code in C++ to support applications and features
- You will build tests and provide accurate analysis and reporting of test results
- Analyze and troubleshoot system and network issues relating to performance and test automation processes
- Troubleshooting the issues identified during testing – isolate test issues vs system component issues.
- Collaboration with global teams to track and resolve issues.
- Communicate test status and results to partners
- Work cross teams to identify, determine important metrics and setup performance benchmarks
- You will design & develop, and run experiments to gauge effectiveness of benchmarks
- Analyze the complex technical architecture across EA’s platform and infrastructure lead the assessment of failures and determine important causes and create fixes
- You will coordinate with corporate communications and customer experience to listen to our players everywhere including social media, email, chat and phone
- You will work on design and implementation of tools to automate the process and support CI activities.
- You will work on Player Reliability metrics collection, analysis, Tools for mining the data and presenting in meaningful dashboards
- You will work on crash data analysis tools and enhance features in the crash analytic software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or higher
- Familiar with cloud technologies like AWS, Azure.
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Docker.
- Knowledgeable in scalable platform architecture, end-to-end systems design and architecture
- Familiarity with visualization tools and database technologies, familiarity with analytic techniques such as predictive modelling and data visualizations
- Understanding of the realities of working with large, rich datasets and complex distributed client/server system.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer I
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 63
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.