Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 164738
Position Title: Site Reliability Engineer II
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world’s greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of important initiatives for EA’s community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These initiatives span the digital touchpoints where players interact with the EA Network, including: EA’s gaming service on PC via Origin and the new EA Desktop application; the EA Play subscription program on PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and Steam; EA.com’s corporate, marketing and player engagement activations, and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect players across platforms and within our games.
In your role as EAX Site Reliability Engineer, you will oversee the infrastructure platform, which means building orchestration and automation tooling to support the new EA Desktop application at global scale, all with an eye on reliability, resiliency and robustness. Reporting to the EAX SRE Manager, you will be an important contributor to the EAX SRE team based in Vancouver, Canada.
Joining EAX means joining the team shaping EA's online presence; evolving subscription services now spanning three major platforms; building consumer experiences that power EA's games and promoting more personalized, socially connected, and smooth experiences; and expanding our platforms across web, PC, mobile, the cloud and beyond so our players can get into the games they want to play and stay connected while playing. We like to say that "we see farther," and are committed to driving innovation to meet player needs today and in the future.
You’re someone with a track record for:
- Designing and developing compute infrastructure to support large-scale client service applications. In particular, in-depth experience using AWS infrastructure.
- Designing and developing tools to aid in the orchestration and management of infrastructure and applications.
- Maintaining multi-tenanted kubernetes clusters following industry recommended SRE tenets of monitoring, change management, emergency response, provisioning, capacity planning, efficiency and performance.
- Collaborating with peers and partners across many locations to identify and support a shared set of goals and applications.
- Working with CI/CD pipelines to achieve multiple deployments per hour/day.
- Researching and helping adopt technologies that improve team efficiency and capability.
- Investigating complex problems and recommending appropriate data-driven solutions based on available tooling, information and requirements.
- Defining metrics and identifying accurate SLOs to help track and maintain overall quality of service.
- Troubleshooting and addressing high-severity issues in a live service environment.
You also bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
- Understanding of networking fundamentals and configurations (VPN, Virtual IP, VPC, CDN).
- 3+ years of experience in a technical role focused on development or operation of diverse and complex services or legacy systems.
- Experience with full-stack web development, particularly with NodeJS, Ruby on Rails, Go.
- Experience with provisioning tools such as Terraform/Cloudformation/Helm.
- Experience with changes in pace and direction that may occur in a large team environment.
In a typical week, the EAX Site Reliability Engineer could …
- Work on our infrastructure-as-code tooling to support the continued runtime operation of our infrastructure platform supporting millions of gamers.
- Work with technical leads and developers in other EAX application teams to identify and advocate for architecture and service changes to improve reliability and performance.
- Work with developers and other SRE to investigate and resolve performance or functionality issues.
- Experiment with new technologies to solve current challenges.
- Work with vendors to evaluate and adopt their products into our infrastructure platform.
You’ll build relationships and work with…
- Other members of the EAX organization, especially technical leads.
- Vendors such as Grafana, New Relic, AWS.
Community / Marketing Title: Site Reliability Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-03-13 00:41:56.19
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.