Multiple Locations: Austin, TX, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • Pasadena, CA, USA • Redwood City, CA, USA • Los Angeles, CA, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada • Orlando, FL, USA
Requisition Number: 164691
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
The Information Technology group (EAIT) works as a global team to empower EA's employees and business operations to be creative, collaborative, and productive. As a digital entertainment company, EA's enterprise technology needs are diverse and span across game development, workforce collaboration, marketing, publishing, player experience, security, and corporate activities. Our mission is to bring creative technology services to each of these areas, working across the company to "ensure better play.
What will you do?
Reporting to the Senior Director of Engineering, the Sr. Software Architect will build scalable, complex performant and available applications and solutions in the cloud. You will establish architecture and design for the applications, you will establish coding standards and engineering best practices for the product. Leading a team of engineers, you will provide applications both for our users. You will use the latest technology features and architecture principles of modern applications. You will also work with Scrum masters and Product owners to determine and accomplish the product vision.
- Be a top-level contributor in direction for major, complex programs intended to roll out high-volume, high transaction-based applications and services
- Be a hands-on person leading the global team from the front
- Bring experiences in partnership with distributed diverse teams to ensure the architectural vision is communicated and delivered to the highest standards.
- Estimate engineering effort during different stages of the project life cycle.
- Mentor 2-4 lead developers in accomplishing architecture, design and implementation goals.
- Perform research and implement best practices for problem avoidance and continuous improvement.
- Follow agile/scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlogs.
- Work on multiple projects and work with multiple teams simultaneously
- Work with leadership on strategic planning
The next great EA Sr. Software Architect also needs:
- 10+ years of hands-on coding experience in Java, J2EE, Spring, Spring Boot, Microservices and Angular/React
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience using Git and related tools like GitLab, GitHub, Bitbucket...
- Solid experience with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services
- 6+ years of experience with SQL and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, MongoDB
- Expertise in using design principles to provide system-level technical design
- Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of related experience building and delivering complex mission-critical applications and projects.
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Engineer
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 490
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.