Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 164124
Position Title: Senior Character Artist
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
BioWare is looking for a Character Artist for Star Wars: The Old Republic to create compelling art that captures the mood and style of Star Wars. You will help create characters, outfits, mounts, boss characters, and other content.
What the Character Artist will do at BioWare Austin:
- You will sculpt, model, and texture efficient, high-quality characters, outfits, and creatures that are consistent with our specific and established art style from concept to completion.
- You will skin character models to existing rigs and integrate finished character assets into our game engine
- You will fix bugs on character assets.
- You will work with an amazing team, contributing to and helping schedule, ideation, constructive feedback, and outsourcing efforts.
- You will assist the character art team in a supervisory role, participating in concept discussions, planning, and feedback for junior and outsource artists.
- You will work on an established title.
- You will report to the Art Director.
- You will be a part of a project in the Star Wars universe!
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of experience in the industry or a related field.
- Expert knowledge of human anatomy (and comparative animal-anatomy if applicable) and its reaction to movement.
- Expert knowledge of proportion, silhouette, and topology.
- Expert knowledge of clothing construction and wrinkle behavior.
- Experience with color theory.
- Expert in creating UV maps and textures.
- Experience with how and why topology is created to achieve the desired rendering and deformation results.
- Extremely knowledgeable in shader capabilities and works with SEs and TAs to modify shaders.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest techniques and industry standards and make sure these are followed by the team.
- Can render techniques and works with SEs and TDs to evaluate final results and suggest areas for improvement.
- Follow art direction and complete a character task.
- Work with the Art Director and Art Lead to establish visual targets.
- Mentor junior character artists.
Community / Marketing Title: Character Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial, statut de veteran sau orice altă caracteristică protejată de lege. De asemenea, acceptăm și candidaturi calificate din partea persoanelor cu cazier, în conformitate cu legislația aplicabilă. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.
Date Opened: 2021-02-03 16:07:38.673
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.