Senior Software Engineer - Server
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Requisition Number: 163119
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
Senior Server Engineer
EA China Studio is part of EA Asia Studio, who are dedicated to building the greatest free mobile games. By introducing EA’s world-class IPs, including FIFA, Plants VS Zombies and NFS, into China and Asia, culturizing their designs, art style and mechanism, we pursue perfection and build products that will make us proud. Making key decisions, adapting to local markets, we are an international yet localized team with a clear goal—building the best free mobile game that will flourish in both China and Asia. If you are passionate about mobile games and believe that quality is essential to success, you are the talent we want.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer in EA China Studio.
As a critical expert in the studio, you will have the opportunity to work with a passionate team. Your role will be to drive the game server tech development and environment. Along with other tech leads and TDs, you will collaborate with internal and external key stakeholders to develop and apply cutting edge server technologies within an optimized environment.
- As an individual contributor, oversee mobile game server development. Ensure architecture and implementation meet product requirements across the entire system.
- Champion quality and performance. Define uncompromising target metrics and create processes and culture to exceed them.
- Help to build automation systems to improve the QA & tech ops efficiency.
- Help identify technical risk and mitigation plans.
- Communicate technical architecture, strategy, details, and status to non-technical team members.
- Share knowledge internally. Apply lessons learned by other teams and align with the broader EA's technology portfolio.
- bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 10 years+ years of industry technical experience.
- Broad knowledge of and experience in large online game development.
- Master domain at least one in the server architecting, network programming, database, and gameplay synchronization.
- Experienced with Linux platform development
- Familiar with C++ programming language
- Be familiar with object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Self-motivated and problem solving oriented.
- Strong knowledge of cloud technologies is a plus.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer - Server
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-11-24 04:47:21.843
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.