Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 160314
Position Title: Quality Designer I
We’re Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our experienced people have expressed their passion for excellent game feel, AAA audiovisual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We’d love to hear yours! Crunch doesn’t help make a better game. We don’t do it. For the past three years we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let’s talk about how you could be a part of it.
The Challenge Ahead
Criterion Games is looking for a QA professional with extensive experience and passion for game technologies to join our team as a QA Lead for Technology. Reporting to the QA Project Manager, you will safeguard the quality of the development toolchains and oversee the testing of all technical game systems.
What a QA Lead (Technology) does at Criterion
QA Leads or Quality Designers as they are referred to internally are the most senior members of the analyst family equivalent to Project managers. Instead of leading people, Quality Designers are focused on owning significant game feature areas or systems. They are champions of best practice and new ideas in testing, playing a necessary role in driving our craft forward. They will define and evolve testing procedures and for ensuring accurate execution and reporting of all testing activities by the wider QA team for their area(s) of ownership.
What you will do:
- QA owner for the development toolchain and technical game systems.
- Define and maintain the test strategy for the development toolchain all technical game systems, ensuring accurate reporting of status and risk.
- Represent QA within the development team; be visible, vocal and integrated.
- Participate in daily development stand-ups and share updates with the wider QA team.
- Develop and maintain an intimate understanding of the technical game systems and their associated requirements; proactively share details and updates with the wider QA team.
- Guide the identification and resolution of issues hindering development and QA productivity.
- Work with our remote test team to ensure high-quality service delivery for your area(s) of ownership.
- Use development tools to guide issue identification upstream and promote defect prevention.
- Guide the implementation and maintenance of automation and telemetry systems across the game.
- Interpret data from numerous sources to produce clear, relevant information, informing decisions to improve product quality and QA service delivery.
- Provide qualitative feedback.
- Work with partners across the business to ensure agreement.
- Identify and champion opportunities to improve and improve processes.
What you will have:
- A passion for quality.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Previous extensive game or software development QA experience in a wide number of titles.
- Knowledge of gaming consoles and their systems.
- Experience with test automation.
- Experience with telemetry systems.
- Experience with white-box/grey-box testing techniques.
- Experience in peer coaching and mentoring.
- Experience with applications such as JIRA, Confluence, DevTest, TestRail, Perforce or Git.
- Experience with data analysis and visualisation tools, such as Power Bi or Tableau.
- Experience with game engine editors, such as Frostbite, Unreal Engine, or Unity.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Designer
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.
Date Opened: 2020-03-17 16:30:50.153
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.