Senior Rendering Software Engineer - Skate - C++
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 159602
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer II
Rendering Engineer - Skate
“This position is open to qualified individuals anywhere in the Americas where EA operates as an employer”
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players' experiences first in everything we do.
Nowhere is this more evident than with our Skate franchise where we’re bringing a contemporary Skate experience to our new and future fans.
Now that we can tell you what we’re up to, Deran and Cuz would like to invite you to apply to our positions if this is the game and team that are right for you:
We started something special back in 2007, it’s time to see where we can take it. We’re looking for people that want to join the family and harness the boundless potential of skating, gaming, and community to create something that respects Skate’s legacy while pushing us into a fun filled future. Simply put, if you’re interested in building an amazing place to skate…and have fun…let us know
We are looking for an experienced and experienced Rendering Software Engineer to join our Skate team. This is an opportunity to join us in the early stages of development working on GPU architecture, deferred lighting, global illumination, shadows, and anti-aliasing. You will report to the project technical director and work with content creators to implement features, tools, and debugging workflows.
- You will work with Artists to collaborate on bringing the vision of the Art Director to life.
- Work with a Lead Rendering SE to create rendering technologies.
- Optimize GPU performance on consoles and PC.
- You will support Artists & Technical Artists using tools and workflows with debugging tools, documentation & usability.
Required Technical Experience
- 5+ years of experience working on AAA products in a related role with multiple shipped titles.
- Experience on current consoles - PS4, Xbox One and PC with other platform experience a bonus.
- Proficient with modern rendering techniques such as Photogrammetry, PBR, Compute Shaders.
- Experience with a large data-driven engine, such as a commercial engine or a large internal one.
- Strong expertise with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Strong mathematics skills especially with Linear Algebra & Calculus.
- Understanding of multithreaded architectures and synchronization principles.
- Strong ability to work with internal and externally developed code in a collaborative fashion.
- Excellent debugging experience using tools to help debug.
- In-depth understanding of performance bottlenecks of rendering features.
- Experience with a variety of performance analysis tools such as PIX, and GPAD
- Experience working with off-site developed technology and driving collaboration process.
- Experience with C# for tool development.
- Experience working with Technical Artists as partners in feature production.
- Team-first mentality.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Rendering Software Engineer - Skate - C++
Electronic Arts Inc. to światowy lider w dziedzinie produkcji interaktywnego oprogramowania rozrywkowego. EA oferuje gry, treści i usługi internetowe dla podłączonych do internetu konsol, komputerów osobistych, telefonów komórkowych i tabletów.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-23 22:16:49.807
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA jest pracodawcą realizującym politykę równych szans w zatrudnieniu. Wszystkie decyzje dotyczące pracowników są podejmowane bez względu na: rasę, kolor skóry, przynależność etniczną, kraj pochodzenia, płeć, tożsamość płciową, orientację seksualną, wiek, informację genetyczną, wyznanie, niepełnosprawność, stan zdrowia, stan cywilny lub rodzinny, status kombatanta. EA dostosowuje miejsca pracy dla niepełnosprawnych pracowników lub kandydatów zgodnie z obowiązującym prawem.