Director, Building Healthy Communities
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 158214
Position Title: Director, Global Community Engagement
Building Healthy Communities - Director
EA is looking for a Director, Community Activation to lead an enterprise-wide program aimed at building healthy communities and combating behaviors that make players feel threatened or unsafe. You should have worked with large Communities or Public Affairs developing programs and campaigns that protect and build trust within the community. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Community Activation Team, you will work collaboratively with EA’s Security, WWCE, Development, Digital Platform, Legal and Global Communications teams to develop community health policies, procedures and enterprise-wide standards, develop and oversee toxicity tools and resources, and build communications that inform, protect and engage our players. As part of the Community Activation Team, you will also work with our Player Council, lead the strategy for community toxicity monitoring and serve as the expert in toxicity-related community issues.
- Development and ongoing leadership of procedures to address online toxicity in EA’s communities.
- Handle sensitive Community or Player-related crisis communications with partners across the organization.
- Enterprise-level partnership and engagement with leaders from WWCE, Security, Legal, Development, Global Comms and EADP on programs, tools and technology that promote healthier communities within EA’s games.
- Work with Global Analytics and Digital Intelligence on research and insights to develop enterprise-wide standards for the Building Healthy Communities program.
- Partner with an agency on the development of the communications road map for EA’s building healthy communities work, including the multi-channel communications plan, messaging and player engagement strategy.
- Oversee the Player Council and external feedback events, using key insights and partnerships with CFX partners to develop BHC programs.
- Lead the development of community toxicity reporting, including franchise toxicity analysis, benchmarking and issues reports.
- 10+ years experience leading Community or Public Affairs programs
- Work with C-level executives on enterprise-wide policies and programs.
- Effectively work through high-pressure crisis situations, and work in ambiguity to establish a clear path.
- Leader with the ability to work with a variety of partners
- Take new programs and promote a clear vision and story both inside and outside the organization
- Understand the gaming industry a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Public Affairs, Communications, Marketing or a related field is preferred
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Building Healthy Communities
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-22 06:30:40.307
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.