Location: Shanghai, China
Requisition Number: 161605
Position Title: Animator 2
Location: Shanghai, China
Report to: Animation Director
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to deliver outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise of exceptional artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, creatively driven through collaboration, culture and craft.
The EA Create Animation team provides high-quality facial animation and body motion performances for in-game, cinematic and narrative sequences.
- You will lead vendor artists and work with internal OS artists to support a project including all of the following and other tasks assigned by the management team
- You will help prepare test packages based on project and art requirements
- You will help review test results with AD and other leads
- You will help consolidate ramp-up package for vendors which includes visual targets, production guidelines, and training materials
- You will train vendor artists
- You will ramp up vendor team on quality and workflow
- You will provide onsite training when needed
- You will help Tech Artists to test vendor artists working environment
- You will prepare the vendor production package including task brief, source file, and references
- You will reconcile task estimation with the vendor partner
- You will provide daily review and feedback to the vendor artists
- You will support AD on main milestone reviews
- You will manage internal production, final content submission and integration
- You will participate in weekly art and tech meeting with the vendor team
- You will help the vendor team in daily troubleshooting and escalate risks to partners
- You will participate in the OS postmortem survey and vendor postmortem meeting
- You will help the leadership team to complete vendor postmortem reports and update any necessary documentation
- You will troubleshoot and improve workflow to enhance group productivity
- You will break down challenges and propose solutions
- 3+ years of game production experience; console and PC game is preferable
- 1+ years of experience working with a vendor team is preferable
- Experience with the general art principles in Animation domain and a match of domain skill-set requirement
- Relevant experience creating art brief
- Familiarity with the reference collection
- Experience with breakdown high-level direction into action plans
- Relevant experience providing feedback
- Experience with mainstream AAA art content production workflow and standardization
- Willing to jump into the unknown and solve new problems
- Experience in art production in multiple disciplines
Community / Marketing Title: OS Animator
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 108
Can this position be remote?:
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.