Site Reliability Engineer - Game Server Hosting
Lage: Ontario, Canada
Requisition Number: 180567
Position Title: Site Reliability Engineer III
EA's Production Infrastructure & Engineering (PI&E) organization provides the essential platforms and infrastructure hosting solutions that power EA's live services. Our charter is to make EA's games and services available to all players anytime and anywhere. To do this, we focus on the high availability of infrastructure, primary services, and studio services. We aim to help developers to experiment and build new games quickly with infrastructure services on-demand and workflows that promote rapid development in the cloud. In all of this, we focus on being there for players where and when they want to play.
The Game Server Hosting organization builds the cloud-native game server infrastructure and studio-facing tooling that underpins EA's current generation of multiplayer games and fuels innovation of the next wave. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will work across our portfolio of backend services and infrastructure to enhance our game server platform and help ship EA's next amazing multiplayer games.
You will report to the Senior Manager of Site Reliability Engineering and will support the GSH team by writing tools to make it easier for EA's game teams to onboard with and use our services.
- You will create monitoring, alerting and dashboarding solutions that improve visibility into EA's application performance and business metrics.
- You will help design and develop supportable tools to automate the deployment and management of distributed, large-scale production systems on cloud services.
- You will perform root cause analysis and post-mortems with an eye towards future prevention.
- You will use automation technologies to ensure repeatability, eliminate toil, reduce mean time to detection and resolution (MTTD & MTTR) and repair services.
- You will help lead team efforts to design and build cost-efficient, performance-optimized, maintainable and supportable systems on cloud infrastructure.
- You will produce documentation and support tooling for online support teams.
- 5+ years of experience monitoring infrastructure and application availability to ensure SLI and SLO.
- 3+ years of experience managing cloud-based service infrastructure and software using Kubernetes and Docker.
- Experience with *nix operating systems.
- Network experience, including an understanding of standard protocols/components.
- Familiarity with common infrastructure and software deployment automation tools such as Terraform, Helm and ArgoCD.
- Experience writing code in Golang, Python, or Java and scripting with Bash.
- Experience working with distributed systems.
Community / Marketing Title: Site Reliability Engineer - Game Server Hosting
Electronic Arts Inc. ist ein weltweit führender Anbieter interaktiver Unterhaltungssoftware. EA bietet Spiele, Inhalte und Online-Dienste für internetfähige Spielkonsolen, Personalcomputer, Mobiltelefone und Tablets an.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 97
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA engagiert sich für Chancengleichheit und Gleichstellung. Alle Personalentscheidungen werden unabhängig von Ethnie, Hautfarbe, Herkunft, Abstammung, Geschlecht, Geschlechtsidentität oder ausgelebtem Geschlecht, sexueller Orientierung, Alter, genetischer Information, Religion, Behinderung, Krankheit, Schwangerschaft, Familienstand oder Veteranenstatus getroffen. EA sorgt außerdem für die durch geltendes Gesetz vorgeschriebenen Anpassungen am Arbeitsplatz für Individuen mit anerkannten Behinderungen.