Sr Manager Engineering
Posizione: Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 178658
Position Title: Sr Manager Engineering
We are EA IT
Electronic Arts Information Technology (EAIT) group keeps our employees and business operations connected globally. We bring creative technology services to all areas, keeping everyone creative, collaborative and productive. Our team ensures better play across all of EA.
The Challenge Ahead
Reporting to the Director of Software Engineering, this is a technical leadership role that offers a recognized expert the opportunity to envision and implement enterprise-level solutions to support EA’s game development teams. These solutions are built upon a cloud-first philosophy and use public cloud services from leading providers such as Azure, AWS and Google. Coupled with the power of the cloud, you will lead small agile teams to architect applications to support thousands of users. This job for employees in Romania, has remote work and hybrid options or full onsite in our office in Bucharest.
- Lead a team to create the solution and software architecture for high-volume, high transaction applications specifically targeted to support the game development teams across the entire global enterprise.
- Be hands-on leading the team from the front, and a mentor for software engineers in accomplishing architecture, design, and implementation goals.
- You will lead code reviews and provide constructive feedback on design and implementation to help others improve coding skills.
- Take part in any negotiations or discussions regarding the necessary requirements and provide feedback to all parties involved.
- Technical skills
- 10+ years of experience developing enterprise level software solutions.
- 7+ years of experience in database development using Microsoft SQL Server or similar RDBMs and related programming data access technologies
- 7+ years of experience applying design patterns, methodologies and recognized practices like unit testing, dependency injection, test-driven development, continuous integration and delivery
- 5+ years of experience architecting cloud-based applications using PaaS (Platform as a Service) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) offerings from leading vendors such Amazon’s AWS and Microsoft Azure
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Other qualifications
- Experience with development methodologies including AgileSolid experience with DevOps in a cloud environment, including automation experience and configuration as code.
- Work in a multi-sourced model using onsite/offshore resources across multiple time zones.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Manager Engineering
Electronic Arts Inc. è un'azienda di software di intrattenimento interattivo leader globale. EA offre giochi, contenuti e servizi online per console collegate ad internet, personal computer, cellulari e tablet.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 268
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare o anzianità. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.