Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Requisition Number: 177544
Position Title: Senior Environment Artist
WE ARE DICE
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative game Mirror's Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
As a Vegetation Artist you will help us push the quality of our vegetation to the next level. Whether you work with us on-site, hybrid or remote, you will be part of the Environment Art team where you will work together with the vegetation specialists. Aside from daily tasks you will share your knowledge with the team and be a role model for junior developers around you. On a daily basis you will report to the Lead, meeting to review work and discuss progress about project deliveries. On a higher level you will also work with the Craft Leads and Directors to help push the discipline forward and help create a stronger, more versatile and happier team.
- Collaborate with the other Artists to improve solution and strategy for the vegetation production together with the Leads and Directors to ensure we achieve the best quality regarding visuals, play-ability and performance.
- Create benchmark assets to set quality and technical targets for the project within the vegetation domain.
- Collaborate with other teams to find creative solutions and implementing the outcomes into the production workflows and writing documentation for the team.
- Work together with Leads and Project Managers to determine budget, scope, deadlines and prioritize backlog content to deliver on time and avoiding diminishing returns.
- Delegate work between artists and set priorities together with the Leads and DDs.
- Verify and maintain visual and technical quality and suggest improvements.
- Provide feedback and guide less experienced artists and external partners.
- Assemble and organize reference material for yourself and others.
You are an experienced artist, probably with a couple of shipped games under your belt, and you know that experience doesn't come from just producing things quickly, but more importantly being a role model for others and embodying collaboration, communication and teaching.
- 3+ years of experience in the video games industry.
- Visible skills in the technical and visual execution for creating high-end vegetation art.
- Experience establishing techniques, processes, workflows and best practices for vegetation creation.
- You are structured and show good skills in time and backlog management..
- Experience working with capturing raw data using Photogrammetry.
- Experience working with external development teams.
Community / Marketing Title: Vegetation Artist
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 55
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.