Lead Game Product Manager
Location: Kitchener, ON, Canada
Requisition Number: 177500
Position Title: Lead Game PM
Senior Lead Game Product Manager - UFC
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. The EA SPORTS UFC franchise offers the electrifying spectacle and entertainment of MMA for over 20 million players across the globe, delivering fluid and responsive mixed martial arts through inventive gameplay technology.
Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the EA SPORTS UFC team is on a mission to become the world's greatest fighting game. If you're passionate about building immersive digital entertainment, this is the role of a lifetime.
On UFC, the Senior Game Product Manager's mission, in close collaboration with the wider UFC Live Content Team, is to help create the most engaging and rewarding live service experience for our players. The candidate will have a mix of strategic acumen, creative instinct and analytical ability that can help create actionable plans and content strategies that benefit our players.
A UFC Senior GPM is expected to interface directly with other Producers, Game Designers, Artists and external stakeholders to further the growth of UFC's live service.
- Design and manage live content, campaigns and features that maximize acquisition, engagement and monetization throughout the product cycle.
- Conduct and communicate in-depth analysis of in-game economy trends using data insights and strong business acumen to impact top line KPIs.
- Be passionate about, and represent the voice and needs of our customers and partners within UFC.
- Work closely with the game team to drive best-practice strategies in creating, balancing optimizing economy models for virtual economies.
- Develop and implement game health review cycles that carefully consider internal and external feedback as well as key product metrics to continually improve the product.
- Track and develop an expert level understanding of gaming trends and insights.
- Translate real world UFC events into live content ideas/plans on short notice, which may sometimes require flexible work hours to mirror real world UFC events.
- Own testing strategies, execute A/B testing campaigns and conduct post mortems.
- Collaborate with our internal technical partner groups, being a key stakeholder in technologies that impact the game or live service.
- Partner with Central teams and craft requirements for all player facing features outside of game team's scope.
- A passion for games with a player first mentality.
- Minimum of 5 years of Product Management or Game Design experience required (ideally in Live Services).
- Self-motivated team player that brings excitement and enthusiasm to work each day.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data driven product design and decision making.
- Sound and proven ability in using and understanding in-game trends using data insights to impact top line KPIs.
- Strong communication and writing skills, with experience preparing and presenting decks to various stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to juggle priorities and projects.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced AGILE development environment.
- Highly desirable but not essential: A UFC fan with a good understanding of the core mechanics of UFC and it's live features.
- Experienced in:
- Successful live service console and/or mobile games having delivered and maintained at least one product through the product life cycle.
- Designing content, campaigns and features that maximize acquisition, engagement, and monetization throughout the product life cycle.
- Obtaining insights and developing strategies through analytical metrics driven analysis and design experimentation.
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Game Product Manager
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 93
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.