L2 Desktop Support Engineer
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 177418
Position Title: ITO Services Specialist II
L2 Desktop Support Engineer
Location: Chatsworth, California US
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is tough. That’s why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
We are the IT team who supports AAA game development in a highly collaborative environment at our Los Angeles studios; Respawn Entertainment, DICE LA, EALA Mobile, and Industrial Toys at Electronic Arts (EA).
Come help us power the future of play with the teams developing Apex Legends, Medal of Honor, Star Wars Jedi Fallen order and more. This role reports to a Manager of IT.
- Responsible for onboarding all Respawn & LA-Chatsworth new hires
- Collaborate with Desktop support engineering team that is responsible for: Imaging, New machine setup, PC refreshes, Hardware replacements, Software Licensing and provide Tier 2 IT support for employees (onsite and remote)
- Incident Management – Responding, tracking, resolving, and performing root cause analysis to prevent reoccurring issues on escalated/assigned tickets as per the Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and deliver world-class customer service
- You will identify challenges/opportunities and develop technical solutions through automation, scripting and engineering best practices
- You will act as liaison between Business Stakeholders, Site IT, and Global IT Functions
- Be a reference for team members for all technical issues in his/her field of expertise, and act as a mentor for all team members
- Serve as last escalation point to internal IT team & resolve the most complex technical issues in his/her field of expertise
- Participate in additional technology initiatives as required - Assisting with server and network upgrades, office moves and technology rollouts
- Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions at all levels
- Collaborate with global IT team members to ensure consistent IT services to our business users
- Look to improve all aspects of the Desktop Support Engineering functions continually
- Bachelor’s degree or professional training/certifications related to areas of responsibilities or equivalent work experience
- You have 2 or more years of experience in all aspects of a gaming studio site IT
- You have 1 or more years of experience in a role dealing specifically with onboarding/new hires
- Experience with: Deploying, updating, optimizing, and troubleshooting Windows-based and Mac-based workstations in a corporate environment leveraging ConfigMgr, JAMF (Casper), and other system management tools
- Understanding of basic network protocols including TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, HTTP, HTTPS, as well as network hardware.
- Support Experience with G-suite/administration, endpoint security, anti-virus solutions, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, SCCM advanced troubleshooting, JAMF policies advanced troubleshooting, file and printing services, and shared drives
- Experience with studio development applications/tools including, but not limited to: Perforce, Visual Studio, Adobe Creative Cloud, Maya, 3DS Max, Houdini, Microsoft XDK, Sony XDK/PRODG, JIRA, Ansible & Parsec
- Strong understanding of development game consoles
- Experience with Automation/Scripting (must have projects to speak to)
- Familiarity with standard helpdesk ticketing tools / ITIL practices (ServiceNow, Desk Pro)
- Ability to coordinate and communicate at all levels within the organization – Business Stakeholders, Vendors, Suppliers, Senior Managers, and C-Level Execs
- Tech Savvy – Ability and passion for learning new technology and tools
- Passion for Customer Support – A drive to help end-users get what they need to do their jobs the best they can. A sense of satisfaction from assisting end-users in getting what they need on time
- Prioritization Skills – The ability to analyze support requests and prioritize them based on impact
- Discipline – The discipline to actively manage help desk tickets and internal IT tasks without getting distracted by email, chat, or other ad-hoc communication
- Self-starter, self-motivated, able to work under minimal supervision
- Experience with Project Management tools/methodologies
- Remote/On-site flexibility
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Not only that, we’re confident we’ll provide you with opportunities to become an expert in our industry by offering hands on experience using and building with cutting-edge technologies such as VMware, Docker, Container, Mesos and more.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The hourly pay ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the hourly pay range for your specific location.
EA has listed the hourly pay ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $31 - $47
The hourly rate is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees.
Community / Marketing Title: L2 Desktop Support Engineer
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 37
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.