Software Engineer - Multiplayer Game Services
Posizioni multiple: Austin, TX, USA • Guildford, UK • Montreal, QC, Canada
Requisition Number: 176488
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are EA
And we make games - How cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry. Save the planet from Alien Invaders. Score the winning touchdown. Yup - It's the coolest job on the planet!
The Challenge Ahead
Cloud innovations change the gaming industry landscape every day, adding new capabilities, enabling new scenarios, and redefining the category. Within EA, the Game Server Hosting organization builds the critical, cloud-native game server infrastructure and studio-facing tooling that underpins EA's current generation of multiplayer games and fuels innovation of the next wave. We are looking for a highly motivated Full Stack Software Engineer to work across our portfolio of frontend experiences and backend services to drive our game server platform forward and help ship EA's next amazing multiplayer games.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of web applications and user-facing experiences to facilitate interaction with the Game Server Hosting platform
- Integrate with and contribute to the backend API layer of our platform
- Collaborate with product, program and project management to ensure clarity and understanding of features and priorities
- Work directly with divisional and game studio partners to understand priorities and requirements while contributing to releasing games to market.
- Contribute to the successful launch of online games from some of the industry's top franchises
Skills The Next Great Full Stack Software Engineer needs to have:
- Overall 3+ years hands-on commercial development experience, preferably in a full stack team
- 1+ years development experience in web UI/UX using a modern UI framework (Angular, React, VueJS etc)
- 2+ years experience in one or more programming languages such as Golang, Java, Python
- Experience creating and consuming RESTful/gRPC based web services
- Experience with building & orchestrating containers using Docker and Kubernetes
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience
Bonus Experience Points:
- Public cloud provider experience (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Experience with DevOps tools such as ArgoCD, Git Pipelines, Helm
- Experience with video game development
- Engineering Collaboration software - JIRA, Git, Slack, Confluence
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $94,450 - $159,250
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer - Multiplayer Game Services
Electronic Arts Inc. è un'azienda di software di intrattenimento interattivo leader globale. EA offre giochi, contenuti e servizi online per console collegate ad internet, personal computer, cellulari e tablet.
EEOText: EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare, anzianità o qualsiasi altra caratteristica protetta dalla legge. Considereremo anche i candidati qualificati con fedina penale sporca, in virtù delle leggi applicabili. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.
Days Open: 47
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare o anzianità. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.