Rendering Software Engineer - EA SPORTS
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Toronto, ON, Canada • Ontario, Canada
Requisition Number: 176256
Position Title: Software Engineer III
About our organization: EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in sports & entertainment with nearly 30 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favourite sports, teams, and athletes. We are creating a team to build a new unannounced AAA EA SPORTS product across platforms. This is your opportunity to join this new team to shape the future of interactive entertainment and create the next great EA SPORTS game.
About our team: We are starting a new team composed of a mixture of veterans of EA/EA SPORTS and new talent from across industries. With some of the most valuable sports IP in the world, and the resources EA has to offer, we have access to the capabilities needed to deliver amazing new experiences for an expanded audience of players worldwide.
The Rendering Software Engineer is a part of the game creation process. They are involved in architectural design and implementation of rendering technology on multiple platforms. They are working with designers, artists, and other engineers to build complex graphics features – life-like visuals, huge and immersive worlds, and graphical FX. You will participate in both internal and external graphics conferences to both gain and share knowledge.
- Develop core rendering features, engine components and tools.
- Research and implement rendering techniques.
- Create reusable and flexible rendering technologies.
- Write technical design specifications.
- Design, maintains, implements, tests and debugs code, pipelines and other rendering-related sub-components and packages.
- Profiles and optimises rendering modules of a game engine.
- Stay up to date with the latest hardware & software changes enhancing the rendering domain.
- You will report to the engineering team's manager and work with your peers to render specific tasks.
- 3+ years' experience with C++ development.
- Experience developing graphics techniques and detailed knowledge of graphics hardware.
- Math skills including trigonometry, calculus, and linear algebra.
- Formal background in rendering with experience that may include shaders, animation, skinning, lighting, special effects, and tool development.
- 1+ years of experience with Direct 3D, OpenGL or equivalent.
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Test and debug other engineer's code.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Experience shipping at least one title on PC or Console.
- Expertise in several of these fields: vertex and pixel shaders including HLSL and FX; terrain or environment rendering; advanced lighting techniques, particle systems, special effects, art pipelines, tool development and game engine architecture.
- Working knowledge of DX11 is a significant plus.
US Compensation and Benefits:
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
Base Salary Ranges:
- California (depending on location e.g., Los Angeles vs. Sacramento): $130,250 - $199,400
- New York (depending on location e.g., Manhattan vs. Buffalo): $120,450 - $199,400
- Colorado (depending on location e.g., Denver vs. Colorado Springs): $120,450 - $161,750
- Jersey City, NJ: $147,400 - $199,400
- Washington (depending on location e.g., Seattle vs. Spokane): $120,450 - $188,600
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Community / Marketing Title: Rendering Software Engineer - EA SPORTS
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 222
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.