Hard Surface/Character Concept Art Intern (Apex Legends)
위치: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 176134
Position Title: Intern General
Electronic Arts is looking for high performing students to join our world-class internship experience. Summer 2023 will be better than ever as we bring all interns together on-site for orientation week and prep students for the future ways of work by offering remote and hybrid opportunities depending on your location. For more information about our Next-Gen Program, visit https://www.ea.com/careers/interns-and-university-graduates
Hard Surface/Character Concept Art Intern (Apex Legends)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create ground breaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We're looking for a highly-skilled Intern Concept Artist to join our Apex Legends team. Our ideal candidate is passionate about game development and loves to create high-quality, inspirational concept art pieces to support efforts across multiple disciplines. Reporting to our Lead Concept Artist, you will work on a variety of subject matter, designing concepts across characters, environments, vehicles, and/or props.
What's it like to be a Concept Artist at Respawn?
As concept artist, your day-to-day work may include creation of thumbnails, loose sketches, finished and detailed pieces, as well as orthographic. You will own your work from start to finish while collaborating with other artists, designers, and leads to ensure the work fits cohesively into the vision for art direction and player experience. Our art team cares about developing both high-quality art and a high-quality player experience. Your concept art will help to visually inform and impact the direction of the game, as well as inspire the entire development team. We believe that all our team members are on a path of professional development and making progress in that journey is a key component of happiness and satisfaction in one's work. To facilitate this, our leads work with each team member to identify areas of strength, and areas of desired development, and whenever possible, assign tasks and projects which will inspire the team member to grow in skill, knowledge, and capability.
What do we look for in Concept Artist candidates?
- You've Made Stuff You Are Proud Of - What we'd love to see in your portfolio is work that you designed yourself from start to finish with a variety of subject matter (characters, environments, props, etc.).
- Beyond Art - You Are A Game Developer - Your appreciation for the needs of real-time video game development will help make sure your work supports the goals of the game and properly informs the various department who will be working off of your concepts.
- Passion - We look for Concept Artists who are highly passionate. Our art team is constantly sharing knowledge and working to raise the quality bar.
- Potential Over Experience - Experience counts, but potential is important too. We look for talented, highly motivated people who have a knack for hands on artistry, but who also balance their drive with the understanding of what is highest priority for artists.
- A Spirit for Collaboration - The ability to accept feedback and critiques will help you tailor your work towards what's best for the game.
Ideally, you also will have...
- Strong Portfolio that demonstrates problem solving, concept production design thinking and the ability to translate and communicated ideas clearly.
- Strong understanding of proportion, scale, perspective, lighting, and color.
- Strong ability to design and illustrate everything from characters to environments to mechanical designs and more.
- Basic understanding of 3D, experience creating designs to be translated into 3D.
- Mastery of relevant software packages, such as Photoshop, Painter, or similar software.
- Strong traditional and 3D art skills.
- Experience as a mentor for other artists.
- Passion for making and playing games.
Must be available for a full-time paid internship in the summer of 2023 (either May - August OR June - September). We are only considering students who will be enrolled in an accredited degree program in the summer of 2023, slated to graduate between December 2023 through June 2024. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US on a full time basis during the 12-week internship. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the hourly pay ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, degree type (e.g. Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD), what stage you are in your degree journey (i.e. freshman, sophomore, etc.), qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $19 - $48
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $17 - $23
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $22 - $48
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $19 - $42
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $22 - $48
The hourly pay is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including 80 hours per year of sick time (prorated based on scheduled hours per week if less than full-time), 16 paid company holidays per year, medical insurance, and 401(k). Interns in California are also eligible for Voluntary Disability Insurance.
Community / Marketing Title: Hard Surface/Character Concept Art Intern (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부, 또는 법으로 금지된 기타 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. 또한, 해당 직책에 합당한 능력을 갖추고 있다면 범죄 기록이 있는 지원자도 관련 법률을 준수하는 방식으로 채용 여부를 고려합니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.
Days Open: 128
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.