Location: Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 175691
Position Title: Software Engineer I
Electronic Arts Information Technology (EAIT) group keeps our employees and business operations connected globally. As a digital entertainment company, EA's enterprise technology needs are diverse and span across game development, workforce collaboration, marketing, publishing, player experience, security, and corporate activities. We bring creative technology services to each one of these areas, keeping everyone creative, collaborative and productive. Our team ensures better play across all of EA and needs your help to do that.
Help us to develop software applications to support the worldwide game development process. Our development team's mission is to provide solutions and services to teams involved in game development. Help us to provide third-level user support and assistance in the administration of live services.
The new Software Engineer will be a part of the Game Development Applications (EA IT) organization and will report to the Senior Manager, Software Engineering.
- You will write purposeful, readable, straightforward code, following standards including syntax and structure, designed in a logical and reusable fashion, incorporating feedback from code reviews;
- You will have to understand memory management mechanisms (new/delete, garbage collection) – depending on language and platform;
- You will create unit test cases on sections of owned code; design test cases and identify any code/defects fixes to be made;
- Provide time estimates and track time for assigned tasks;
- You will participate in collaborative efforts within our team;
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Software Engineering (or related discipline);
- At least 2 years of experience developing web and mobile applications;
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL and desirable experience with other RDBMS (Oracle, MySQL);
- Knowledge of design patterns, performance issues, and troubleshooting strategies;
- Experience working on larger projects following industry standards (e.g. Agile) is desirable.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop and deliver games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together experienced people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 69
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。