Software Engineer (C++) - Runtime & Tools Group
複数の場所: Seattle, WA, USA • Pasadena, CA, USA • Redwood City, CA, USA • Los Angeles, CA, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada • Sacramento, CA, USA • Orlando, FL, USA • Austin, TX, USA
Requisition Number: 175600
Position Title: Software Engineer III
As a member of the Runtime & Tools Group (RTG), you will develop ground-breaking game features, engine enhancements, and/or tooling in close collaboration with EA's game development teams.
You will be part of a distributed and agile team, with the purpose of solving technical challenges from proof of concept to implementation for titles across EA. An important priority for this group is to partner with EA's specialized research teams to create meaningful applications relevant to game development.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join us in our mission. You will guide technical execution of projects across Frostbite and EA Studios. You will have the option to work onsite, hybrid, or fully remote from North America.
- As Software Engineer, you will take a primary role in development, help define and improve Frostbite features and own delivery
- Work with multiple Team Leads and Technical Directors, and outsourcing groups to deliver features that promote engagement and fun
- Provide troubleshooting, debugging and problem-solving assistance
- Lead by example within the team by producing simple, extensible, maintainable code with few defects and contributes to test plans
- Maintain positive lines of communication and relationships with teammates across EA Studios and Frostbite
- Identify and assess problems before they become critical
- Design, author, test, and deploy robust and maintainable solutions
- Learn and Grow; you will help us solve the problems that don't fit the typical game development cycle
- 7+ years of C++ software engineering experience, including code design, data structures and organization
- A generalist skill set; experience with some or all of the following: Graphics, Networking, Animation, Physics, Resource Management, Gameplay, Audio, or Tools
- Desire to improve your skill set and help your teammates grow theirs; we succeed together
- Work with internal and externally developed code in a collaborative fashion
- Expertise with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation
- Profiling skill and a knowledge of successful optimization strategies both at a high and low-level; an understanding of when, what, and how to improve
- Excellent debugging and multi-threading skills
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $125,050 - $191,050
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $113,900 - $191,050
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $113,900 - $191,050
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $113,900 - $154,950
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $113,900 - $179,300
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer (C++) - Runtime & Tools Group
Electronic Arts Inc.は、インタラクティブ・エンターテイメント・ソフトウェアの世界的大手企業です。 EAは、インターネットに接続されたコンソール、パソコン、携帯電話、タブレットに対してゲーム、コンテンツおよびオンラインサービスを提供しています。
EEOText: EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無、および法律で保護されたその他のあらゆる状況は考慮されません。 また、犯罪歴のある人物の雇用も、募集要項を満たす応募者の場合は適用法令に従って検討します。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。
Days Open: 100
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無は考慮されません。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。