Full Stack Software Engineer
Posizioni multiple: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Chicago, IL, USA • Austin, TX, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • Utah, USA • North Carolina, USA • Georgia, USA
Requisition Number: 175372
Position Title: Software Engineer III
At Maxis, we're looking for a full stack engineer to build web application powered dynamic in-game content and provide tools for administration and community management.
You will work with an experienced team that has collectively built Maxis games for more than two decades. You will work with multiple artists, designers, and producers as well as DevOps, backend, and client engineers, prototyping and shipping frontend and backend features. You will report to a Development Director for the backend team and the bulk of your frontend and backend work will be done in Typescript using Angular and NodeJS.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer at Maxis, you will
- Develop responsive, resilient, massively scalable, and globally available web services that support millions of Sims players
- Develop responsive, and performant user interfaces built on the latest web tech
- Select technologies and tooling that are up to date with the latest developments in frontend and backend tech that support clean, performant code
- Integrate with both internal and external backend services, iterating collaboratively with other engineers
- Demonstrate excellent technical problem-solving skills under changing requirements during the initial game development and subsequent live support periods
- Author and review technical design documents and specifications detailing software requirements
- Maintain a suite of automated tests that validate performance and correctness
Please note that you do not need to hold all listed qualifications to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you hold most of the listed qualifications and are comfortable opening a dialog with our team.
- Bachelor/Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of job experience in a hands on coding role
- You have experience with client/server architecture and building out HTTP APIs that run on cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- You own large systems and features from design to deployment, including live support
- You develop high-quality, testable software
- You develop APIs and applications for products that release new updates with zero downtime strategies and tools
- You have experience with load testing, troubleshooting, and optimizing performance of web applications and services
- You have a desire to work with client engineers, backend engineers, and designers to iteratively add features and bring designs to life
- You're willing to iterate quickly and develop multiple short-lived prototypes
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You're a motivated self-starter; able to operate with autonomy
- You have a desire to teach and learn from your peers
- You have experience developing web applications and services supporting multiple platforms, including mobile
- You've deployed web services using Kubernetes and containerization
- You've worked on large teams using version control tools like Git
- You have experience with Google Cloud Platform, including Google Kubernetes Engine, or Google Cloud Spanner
- You have experiencing using modern web protocols, including HTTP, gRPC, Protocol Buffers, and FlatBuffers
- You've worked in the games industry before
- You have experience working on large data-driven projects
Community / Marketing Title: Full Stack Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. è un'azienda di software di intrattenimento interattivo leader globale. EA offre giochi, contenuti e servizi online per console collegate ad internet, personal computer, cellulari e tablet.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-08-25 04:21:26.793
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare o anzianità. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.