Software Engineer, Career Mode - EA Sports FC
Mehrere Standorte: Bucharest, Romania • Romania
Requisition Number: 174925
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the EA Sports FC franchise. EA Sports FC is the world's #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
Innovation, passion, and teamwork are at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
Career mode software engineers work on the EA Sports FC's most played offline mode. As part of this team, you will help develop the tech, tools and frameworks that form the foundation of the Career and Tournament modes along with working on new features every year.
You’ll have the chance to work in a dynamic team and develop interesting features.
- You will design new features or new additions to existing features within Career Manager, Career Player and all types of Tournament modes.
- You will work with Production, Game Designers and Interface Designers, to gather requirements and write technical design specifications. Propose tech solutions for low to medium complexity features and discuss them with the team lead.
- You will monitor performance and Career Mode stability impact from your changes and address any issues that may arise. You will investigate complex and hard to debug issues and provide tech solutions for addressing them.
- You will manage your piece of feature/ sub-feature entirely. This often means you will be in charge of implementing the core logic, game flows and UI screen plus any UI custom components.
- You will report your progress to the Career Mode's lead and team manager.
- You will be part of a dynamic team focused on bringing high-quality features, tools and frameworks that form the foundation of the Career and Tournament modes along with developing new features every year.
- Object-oriented programming experience of OO design principles.
- 3+ years experience in C++ software development.
- Experience debugging complex bugs through multiple techniques.
- Experience adapting to existing multiple coding styles.
- Experience embracing challenges and find creative ways to overpass them.
- Experience in ActionScript or open-minded to learn the basics of it.
Nice to have:
- Experience in UI technologies (Qt, Unity or Unreal UI frameworks).
- Familiarity with scripting languages (Python, Lua), C# and SQL.
- Experience working within an agile team.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer, Career Mode - EA Sports FC
Electronic Arts Inc. ist ein weltweit führender Anbieter interaktiver Unterhaltungssoftware. EA bietet Spiele, Inhalte und Online-Dienste für internetfähige Spielkonsolen, Personalcomputer, Mobiltelefone und Tablets an.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 78
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA engagiert sich für Chancengleichheit und Gleichstellung. Alle Personalentscheidungen werden unabhängig von Ethnie, Hautfarbe, Herkunft, Abstammung, Geschlecht, Geschlechtsidentität oder ausgelebtem Geschlecht, sexueller Orientierung, Alter, genetischer Information, Religion, Behinderung, Krankheit, Schwangerschaft, Familienstand oder Veteranenstatus getroffen. EA sorgt außerdem für die durch geltendes Gesetz vorgeschriebenen Anpassungen am Arbeitsplatz für Individuen mit anerkannten Behinderungen.