Game Designer I
위치: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 174923
Position Title: Game Designer I
Location - EA Hyderabad
We are EA – one of the world’s largest video games publishers who has been instrumental in shaping the games industry as it stands today! The company is over 39 years old and continues to entertain millions of players all over the world with high quality video games across all platforms – from social, console, mobile and handhelds! You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few.
As EA's first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices, social networks and online environments that deliver seamless play anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connecting a market of more than one billion core and mass- casual gamers worldwide, EA Mobile delivers engaging, accessible, high-quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
The EA Mobile portfolio encompasses some of the most recognizable entertainment brands in the world, including titles such as The Simpsons, Plants vs Zombies, Real Racing, Need for Speed, Fifa Mobile, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, The Sims Mobile, Simcity Buildit, Bejeweled and many more!
The Hyderabad office represents one of EA’s largest development locations with more than 800+ passionate personnel involved in mobile game development, testing, production, distribution, and other central functions such as finance, central engineering and more. The game development studio, Slingshot Games, is part of the studios organization that is committed to conceptualizing and developing new games and running live services for some of EA’s top mobile games.
Slingshot Games takes great pride in being one of the critical studios for EA Mobile’s strategy for future growth. With a long track record of running an extremely diverse portfolio of games and live services across multiple genres and players, we are now home to supporting incubation of new game ideas, production of new games, running live services on some of the world’s best games on mobile! What’s even more exciting is the rapidly growing market opportunity in India – games and esports, having a world class game development team, some of the biggest IPs like Fifa, Need for Speed, Apex Legends, UFC and the focus to bring these game experiences to India!
Here are the values we truly believe in:
Tenacity – Hunger to prove yourself and keep pushing the boundary
Ownership – Get things done
Passion – Passionate about the art of making games
Collaboration – Great things are not done by an individual but by a team of highly motivated folks
Alchemy – Create magic in everything you do
At EA, Game Designers working with our live service teams, are responsible for driving the day to day creative work that keeps our games fun, fresh and engaging.
How would your day look like:
- Work with multi-disciplined teams including Producers, Artists, Programmers, Marketing and other Leads to drive the team’s understanding of the project’s vision.
- Develop and maintain level design documentation, including but not limited to mechanics, guidelines, and gameplay outlines.
- Plan and define all the elements and components of a game, including its setting, structure, rules, story flow, characters, objects, and peripherals available to the characters; interface design; and game modes.
- Develop Prototypes in any tool of preference in order to prove design concept to team and iterate.
- Contribute by bringing new ideas to the table regarding every facet of the game.
- Coordinate with Leads to ensure that level design documentation and implementation are realistic and remain on schedule; participate in regular, hands-on interaction with Producer and Software Engineers to ensure that the concepts and content of assigned games meet design requirements.
- Lead assigned development team to define the creative vision, technical specifications, fun factor and product content for assigned products.
- Establish, maintain and enhance relationships with internal and external creative resources.
- Establishes focus groups; trains testers to play the game, making sure that they understand what is expected of the finished product.
Who fits the bill:
- 2+ years of game design experience.
- Experience working on mobile F2P games from concept through live service.
- Designed and developed major game systems for at least one shipped mobile title.
- Demonstrable content creation skills.
- Outstanding self-motivation and initiative in a highly dynamic environment.
- Creatively, analytically and organizationally skilled with proven ability to write, communicate and maintain detailed design documentation throughout the game life cycle.
- Demonstrative proof of an open-minded, upbeat, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic, and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions.
- Remain current on industry trends including new game genres, new game design methods and emerging platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Scripting experience is a plus.
Community / Marketing Title: Game Designer I
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 54
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.