Wiele lokalizacji: Madrid, Spain • Bucharest, Romania • Spain
Requisition Number: 174430
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres. We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together accomplished people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion.
We are looking for a Software Engineer role to work with EA's QA and Development teams to create tools, automation and technical strategies with the goals of improving game infrastructure and increasing efficiencies in the game delivery process. You will need to have senior experience as they will help ensure a seamless consumer experience. You will identify new technologies and develop new tools for testing and tracking purposes. You will help analyze testing strategies, improving automation efforts and white box testing. You will report to the Development Director based in Bucharest, and work with both onsite and offsite supportive colleagues and partners, as part of a distributed team.
- Work with Dev and QA partners to identify areas for improvement through new tools and automation strategies.
- Build, test, and deploy solutions that support automation deliverables.
- Support an increased adoption of automation and tools within game teams.
- Identify and recommend debug and telemetry enhancements to aid testing.
- Provide technical expertise and debug support to other engineers on our teams.
- Participate in knowledge sharing sessions - increasing knowledge of existing tools, automation and testing processes.
- Perform risk analysis of new features – identifying impact and scope.
- Help prioritize bug fixing efforts and identify areas of test focus.
- Perform and support white box testing.
- Contribute to the test and technology strategies of the QA group.
- Escalate risks and recommend upstream tools, automation and processes.
- Analyze metrics, trends and processes to provide meaningful information with sound reasoning.
- Provide performance results analysis on current processes and infrastructures.
- Help identify team member growth areas, providing technical guidance, mentorship
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 9+ years of professional experience with a focus on concepts and language varieties.
- Experience with C#, Java, C++ and other comparative programming languages. Deep C# experience is an important requirement for this role.
- Experience with using containers technologies (Docker)
- Experience with the Agile software development life cycle, software engineering methodologies and practices, and their application to both development and QA.
- Experience with software quality assurance concepts, and debugging procedures.
- Experience with web-based systems.
- Knowledge of gaming consoles or embedded systems
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Technical writing experience.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent observational and organizational skills – detail-oriented.
- Creativity and logical thinking: can find ingenious solutions to problems.
- Adaptability/flexibility: not afraid of change, in fact, strives for it, if it's for the good of the project - is not afraid to try new things and fail.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. to światowy lider w dziedzinie produkcji interaktywnego oprogramowania rozrywkowego. EA oferuje gry, treści i usługi internetowe dla podłączonych do internetu konsol, komputerów osobistych, telefonów komórkowych i tabletów.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-06-28 18:41:58.017
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA jest pracodawcą realizującym politykę równych szans w zatrudnieniu. Wszystkie decyzje dotyczące pracowników są podejmowane bez względu na: rasę, kolor skóry, przynależność etniczną, kraj pochodzenia, płeć, tożsamość płciową, orientację seksualną, wiek, informację genetyczną, wyznanie, niepełnosprawność, stan zdrowia, stan cywilny lub rodzinny, status kombatanta. EA dostosowuje miejsca pracy dla niepełnosprawnych pracowników lub kandydatów zgodnie z obowiązującym prawem.