Software Engineer (C++ / C#) - Frostbite
Locații multiple: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Toronto, ON, Canada • Orlando, FL, USA • Austin, TX, USA • Seattle, WA, USA
Requisition Number: 174219
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art, multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world-class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences.
What does a Frostbite Software Engineer do on our team?
As more and more games transition or get developed on Frostbite, it is critical that systems and components work seamlessly and are able to leverage the powerful potential of the Frostbite Engine. This is a challenging role that requires a seasoned software engineer proficient in one or multiple domains spanning rendering, systems, animation, work pipelines, online, etc. You will have the awesome opportunity to work on the front lines with both game teams and our core engine teams, offering further growth and professional development experience.
- Collaborate closely with game team engineers and project managers to hit key milestones and deliverables
- Refactor complex features and systems to Frostbite and ensure they are feature-complete, performant and testable
- Provide subject matter expertise, guidance and improvements on how to fully leverage Frostbite features and advantages
- Implement and instill best practices in harvesting innovations and common features back to the engine
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Math or relevant experience
- Strong C++ and C# knowledge of C++ & C# coding principles and practices with a minimum of 5 years of professional programming experience
- Working experience in at least one of the following domains – Rendering, Systems, Animation, Cinematics
- Experience on current gaming platforms
- Excellent debugging skills and experience using debugging tools
- Ability to test, debug and extend other Software Engineers' code
- Understanding of memory management, multi-processor use and runtime optimization
- Strong ability to work with internal and externally developed code in a collaborative fashion
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer (C++ / C#) - Frostbite
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-06-17 13:17:58.44
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.