Múltiples localizaciones: Romania • Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 172724
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Why join Frostbite?
At Electronic Arts, we exist to inspire the world to play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players' experiences first in everything we do.
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art, multi-platform game development engine, powering games such as Battlefield, FIFA, Madden, Plants vs. Zombies, Need for Speed, Anthem, and Star Wars Battlefront II. The mission of the UI team is to develop tools, workflows, and runtime features that empower in-game UI creators to accomplish their vision.
What you will do:
- You will report to the team's Engineering Manager as a member of our global development team
- You will build the tools, features, and pipelines necessary for game developers to build UI content, including:
- Create layouts that work on multiple platforms and aspect ratios;
- Animate UI content in response to game state or user actions;
- Manage and process user input across a variety of input devices;
- Bind and display game data within the UI.
- Quickly identify, debug, and resolve issues in familiar and unfamiliar code
- You will gather requirements from game team developers and write detailed, technical design specifications
- You will create sample content, clear documentation, and training materials for game team UI developers
- You will provide support to game team UI developers by addressing any bugs or issues and coordinating cooperative development of essential features
Who you are:
- You have 3 or more years of recent experience in C++ and maybe even dabbled in c# or WPF
- You are incredibly excited by the opportunity to work on core UI features and tooling
- You have experience developing AAA titles for the Xbox One, PS4, Switch, or mobile platforms or you have experience with game engine development
- You have experience driving features from gathering requirements, through development, to providing support
- You are experienced working with agile/scrum processes
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. es una empresa de software de entretenimiento interactivo líder a nivel mundial. EA distribuye juegos, contenido y servicios en línea para consolas, ordenadores personales, teléfonos móviles y tabletas conectados a Internet.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 56
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Nuestras decisiones de empleo se hacen independientemente de raza, color, nacionalidad, ascendencia, sexo, género, identidad o expresión de género, orientación sexual, edad, información genética, religión, discapacidad, condición médica, embarazo o estado civil, familiar o de veterano. EA también lleva a cabo ajustes de espacios de trabajo para individuos cualificados con discapacidades, de acuerdo con la ley aplicable.