Senior Game Designer
Ubicación: Montreal, QC, Canada
Requisition Number: 171728
Position Title: Sr Game Designer
Pour visualiser la description de poste en français, veuillez sélectionner le français ("Select Language") dans le menu déroulant au haut de la page
"Motive" is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
Motive is looking for a Game Designer, System focused on progression and crafting systems that can engage and empower players. You will report to the Lead Systems Designer, joining our team working on the early stages of a new AAA project
- With direction from design leadership, create progression and crafting systems with a focus on longer-term loops and player motivations.
- Work with Gameplay Designers to ensure our systems and core gameplays support and feed each other.
- Write design documents.
- Communicate elements of the game's design to the team.
- Prototype features to answer important design questions.
- Create and maintain features and content using our in-house tools.
- Review the game against the design goals and identify issues and opportunities to improve the player experience.
- Give and take feedback from across the team.
- Collect and use qualitative data (playtest, usability, and customer feedback) and quantitative data (telemetry and analytics) to inform your designs.
- 2+ years of experience developing video games.
- Familiarity with advanced game engines like Unreal, Unity and others
- Experience working on progression systems and game economies.
- Experience working hands-on with a game engine to implement your designs.
- Knowledge of recent titles and trends in action games and RPGs and the ability to apply insights from them.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Game Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. es una empresa de software de entretenimiento interactivo líder a nivel mundial. EA distribuye juegos, contenido y servicios en línea para consolas, ordenadores personales, teléfonos móviles y tabletas conectados a Internet.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 258
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Nuestras decisiones de empleo se hacen independientemente de raza, color, nacionalidad, ascendencia, sexo, género, identidad o expresión de género, orientación sexual, edad, información genética, religión, discapacidad, condición médica, embarazo o estado civil, familiar o de veterano. EA también lleva a cabo ajustes de espacios de trabajo para individuos cualificados con discapacidades, de acuerdo con la ley aplicable.