Manager, Software Engineering
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 171439
Position Title: Manager Engineering
Manager Engineering – EADP Player & Developer Experience (PDE) Team
We Are EA
Electronic Arts is more than you’ve ever realized. We’re more than a company, or a headline, or even a clever catchphrase – we’re a vibrant community of artists, storytellers, technologists, and innovators working toward a shared vision: to inspire and unite through play.
While headquartered in Redwood City, EA's platform engineering, game development, and publishing operations take place in a network of locations, stretching from Shanghai to Stockholm, Melbourne to Vancouver, Redwood City to Hyderabad. No matter which of our locations you join, you’ll feel the energy and support of EA’s global brand, while immersing yourself in a culture that inspires you to thrive, take risks and dream big.
This is an especially great time for the video game industry, as we’re currently going through an exciting digital transformation. The global gaming audience has also never been bigger, with industry revenue projected to reach $295.6 billion by 2026.
Since its founding in 1982, EA has helped shape the way over 300 million registered players consume and enjoy interactive media. No other company can deliver EA’s portfolio of amazing games and services, across multiple platforms, to players around the world. It is an exciting era in games, and an exciting time to join the team at EA!
EA’s Digital Platform (EADP) organization is responsible for driving critical technology decisions and investments for EA on a global scale, across all divisions and studio teams. Technology and engineering leadership at EA is critical to making the industry’s best games & services and the EADP team is leading the way to providing cross-platform services that will keep our consumers connected with our games anytime, anywhere with anyone.
EADP Player & Developer Experience (PDE) team is actively seeking an Engineering Manager to lead a team of passionate engineers who are working on highly scalable and distributed software systems and ensuring the end-to-end system is performant enough to support our millions of players. The person should always strive for quality and ensure our game services are evaluated on scalability, supportability, performance, reliability, and fault tolerance aspects.
To be successful at the EADP PDE team, we need an EM to have the following qualities:
- Engineer at heart: Likes to dive deep, have big picture and at the same time pay attention to details, able to review architectures and provide suggestions, brainstorm about the technologies, and guide the team on technical matters
- Coach & Mentor: Understand the strengths and weaknesses of each team member and provide opportunities for the team learn and grow
- Problem solver: Identify the problems be it in the product or people and propose the solutions for the problems
- Obsession for Quality: Always strive to improve the quality of the systems and strive to provide better player experience
- Lead Inclusively & Develop Others – Create a belonging culture, pay attention to diversity of thoughts and psychological safety, help others to achieve career fulfilment and success, build a high performing team through meaningful conversations.
- Manage team of highly passionate engineers (SEs & SDETs) who are tech savvy.
- Demonstrate execution excellence by delivering the projects end-to-end with high commitment and ownership.
- Manage multiple projects that have different scopes defined like full product development, Performance Testing, Tech Initiatives, PoCs etc., with the same level of commitment and ownership
- Be accountable for the team’s performance and be the single point contact for the partner teams and stakeholders
- Work with Program Managers, Product Managers to understand the requirements & scope and own the complete delivery of agreed milestones
- Should be able to manage product development as well as performance testing focused projects.
- Participate in architecture, design & code reviews
- Be a scrum master and own the day-to-day tasks planning, assignment, tracking and ensure the completion
- Advocate clean code and clean architecture principles in software development
- Evangelize software best practices and ensure the team follows diligently in the software life cycle
- Should be able to guide the team from requirements gathering to until the production support of the product/service
- A problem solver and a hands-on person leading the team from the front and finding solutions using technology and logical thinking.
- Hire & develop best talent and oversee the career development of the team members
- Be an effective coach, effective listener and a great mentor for the team members
- Live up to EA’s purpose & belief philosophy and execute with high degree of integrity, trust, high degree of work ethics and professionalism.
- Be a role model and be someone who walk the talk.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science from reputed institutions
- 8+ years of experience as an engineer and 2+ years of experience in an engineering manager role
- Experience in programming languages like C++/Java/Python
- Experience in Dev Ops technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Gitlab CI/CD etc.,
- Working experience in cloud technologies like AWS/GCS/Azure or any in-house cloud systems
- Knowledge of highly scalable systems which can serve millions of requests from users.
- Must have extensive working experience in building applications in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Strong knowledge of System Design, Micro Service architectures & Scalable distributed systems
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) - able to communicate effectively with all levels of management as well as a geographically and culturally diverse technical organization.
- Strong mentoring & coaching skills. Ability to influence and inspire others.
- Experience in building and developing high performance team and create a culture of engineering excellence
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like Global fitness program, Food Coupons, Parental Insurance & Medical, Accident & life insurance and since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Software Engineering
Electronic Arts Inc.は、インタラクティブ・エンターテイメント・ソフトウェアの世界的大手企業です。 EAは、インターネットに接続されたコンソール、パソコン、携帯電話、タブレットに対してゲーム、コンテンツおよびオンラインサービスを提供しています。
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-02-09 17:08:36.213
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無は考慮されません。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。