PreVis Animator - Respawn's Star Wars Jedi Sequel
Multiple Locations: Colorado, USA • Los Angeles, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 171192
Position Title: Animator
ELECTRONIC ARTS - ENTERTAINING IS OUR PASSION
EA is a world-renowned entertainment leader, creating top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, and cross-platform digital experiences enjoyed by players all over the world.
We are looking for previz animators to help craft the story for a game within one of the most beloved franchises of all time: Star Wars.
As a previs animator, you are responsible for creating dynamic, visually compelling animation sequences using scripts, storyboards, concept art and scene descriptions provided by the Cinematic Director and development team.
- Work with the Cinematic Director to communicate the visual direction for in-game cinematics: blocking, cinematography, performance, etc.
- Create dynamic and compelling previz animation using a variety of tools and techniques: hand key, motion capture, etc.
- Collaborate and communicate with project animation directors, management, animators, production staff and peers
- Responsible for organizing your own work within the production schedule, managing files, and meeting deadlines
- Ensure all animations contribute to the overall direction of the game, both in the experience and the story being told
- Understand feedback, interpret notes, and deliver revisions at expected quality levels and within schedule needs
- Able to convey mood and tone through blocking, performance, cinematography and animation principles
- Capable of creating animation using various performance types: human, non-human, bipedal, creature, mechanical, etc.
- Strong understanding of classic animation principles and fundamentals: staging, timing, anticipation, follow through, exaggeration, arcs, etc., as well as an intrinsic ability for storytelling
- Strong proficiency in animation packages including Maya
- MotionBuilder proficiency a plus
- Degree in Fine Arts or Computer Animation preferred
- Experience creating gameplay animation shots/sequences
- Production experience or demonstrated ability of working in a production game engine (e.g. Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, etc.)
Community / Marketing Title: PreVis Animator - Respawn's Star Wars Jedi Sequel
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 101
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.