Quality Designer I
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Requisition Number: 170781
Position Title: Quality Designer I
Glu Mobile is a part of the Electronic Arts (EA) family, one of the largest games developers in the world. We are currently seeking a Quality Designer I to work in our downtown Toronto game development studio. Our team has years of experience and a track record of success including multiple top-10 freemium iOS games like Covet Fashion, Kim Kardashian: Hollywood, Design Home, Diner dash adventures.
You will work on a cross-functional team working closely with other QAs, Game-Designers, Developers, and Artists to ensure our mobile game software is of the highest quality in functionality, usability, and fun. You will engage and work to improve our QA process and methodology, as well assist in test case creation, execution, and bug logging and resolution. As a QA embedded into the scrum team you will be integral in our sprinting process responsible for identifying test requirements, strategy, and ultimately sign off on all game feature and content releases.
We have a great studio located in downtown Toronto filled with friendly, enthusiastic and passionate game makers. Here at Glu we are passionate about our jobs but also believe in a healthy work-life balance. We get together to play board games, magic cards and billiards. We also have Studio organized events such as movie nights, board game nights, hackathons and creative sessions. We also believe in celebrating our victories and will hold events such as launch parties, potlucks, and video game tournaments for charity, and summer and holiday parties.
- Perform all QA activities necessary to guide features through agile development including testing, test strategy design, test plan writing, bug tracking and resolution
- Drive bug triage meetings using multiple sources of information including player data, product timelines, and quality metrics
- Send test requests to internal or external QA teams for test execution and review test results, bugs, and all relevant artifacts
- Design and write test cases and test plans, and conduct test plan reviews for accuracy and consistency in test design paradigms, best practises and conventions
- Make important strategic QA decisions such as test planning and strategy or completing test sign off, while managing product risk levels and tech debt
- Work closely with senior members of development, production, and design teams to help solve technical problems, perform quality assessments, identify risk, feature planning
- Analyse and evaluate a range of product quality metrics and information to produce meaningful analysis on risk, and quality
- Manage bug backlogs, QA task backlogs, and QA debt and work with leaders on prioritization
- Client-side performance testing against benchmarked metrics (FPS, CPU, GPU, load times)
- Server-side performance and load testing, server specific testing and bug verification
- Assist in writing scripts and tools for automated UI testing, unit testing, data validation
If all of this sounds exciting to you, we’ve found that those with these passions and qualities were best setup for success:
- Attention to detail and able to find all those pesky bugs!
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, a strong team player with a good attitude
- Meticulous and analytical; able to troubleshoot, isolate and debug issues for root cause analysis
- Creative problem solving, and technical aptitude
- Scripting or programming, to delve deeper into automated testing/scripting opportunities
- A passion for mobile gaming; gaming as a hobby, as a form of art and a design challenge!
And your skills and experience include:
- 5 to 7 years previous experience with QA process and methodology, test execution, and bugs
- 2 to 3 years previous experience working in a senior QA capacity with a focus on test design
- Strong understanding of software and computing principles
- Strong understanding with game or product design
- Experience working in a cross-functional agile scrum team
- Experience with bug tracking systems such as JIRA
- Knowledge of iOS and Android platforms
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Designer I
Electronic Arts Inc. è un'azienda di software di intrattenimento interattivo leader globale. EA offre giochi, contenuti e servizi online per console collegate ad internet, personal computer, cellulari e tablet.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-01-12 22:44:03.387
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare o anzianità. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.