Online Software Engineer
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 170647
Position Title: Software Engineer II
As an Online Software Engineer, you will help to develop and extend features in the game to facilitate a more connected and socially interactive game experience. An Online Software Engineer will be expected to do full stack development working on both game client and backend services for multiple platforms. You will be working with Designers, Artist and Engineers from other domains to architect, implement, debug and tune features for the game.
- Develop technical solutions for online game features.
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient, and shareable code.
- Look for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- Awareness of how technical implementation impacts our performance and memory budgets.
- Iterate and design improvements to live systems and workflows
- Work with 3rd party and internal software APIs.
- 4+ years of experience in C++ software development.
- Experience with Client/Server, Peer-to-Peer and multi-threaded architectures.
- Knowledge of modern database technologies.
- Knowledge of networking protocols.
- Knowledge of good software programming practices.
- Experience with 3rd party APIs.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
Nice to have:
- 2+ years of experience working on Microsoft, and Sony game consoles.
- Experience of real-time game networking.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with Visual Studio and deep knowledge of the debugging tools.
- Experience with source control systems will come in handy.
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Lua) and interpreted languages (C#).
Community / Marketing Title: Online Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-12-15 01:00:01.69
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.