Director of Engineering
Posizioni multiple: Toronto, ON, Canada • Montreal, QC, Canada • Orlando, FL, USA • Edmonton, AB, Canada • Georgia, USA
Requisition Number: 170392
Position Title: Technical Director I
Director of Engineering, Data Engineering
We Are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The EA Studios Data and Insights group (SDI) brings both quantitative and qualitative insights to the entire company (including all game teams) through Studio Analytics, Data Engineering and Data Science. The Analytics Solutions team is the engineering branch of SDI and develops and improves our Studios data technical capabilities to bring data insights right to the studio partners' fingertips.
The Studios Analytics Solutions team is looking for a Director of Engineering for the Data Engineering team with extensive experience in the data and analytics space. Reporting to Sr. Technical Director, you will be responsible for leading the data engineering team to design and deliver scalable data solutions used across EA portfolio.
What you’ll do
- Build and manage a team of talented data engineers with the ability to pioneer in the data space.
- Manage the day-to-day aspects of the data engineering team including design, architecture, features, data needs guidance with internal partners and with executives
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with strategic partners and clients
- Collaborate with infrastructure, architects, and product teams to deliver high value solution
- Manage technical risks and opportunities
- Establish robust data engineering standards and processes across the engineering team
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead elite analytics and data engineering team members
- Assess the latest products for their potential value and make recommendations for new technologies.
- Communicate effectively to all levels of the organization
Ideally you have
- Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent degree
- Minimum of 8 years of software development experience in the Data/Analytics industry
- Minimum of 5 years managing highly technical resources and engineers in the Data/Analytics industry
- Ability to translate business concepts into a technical architecture
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and develop roadmaps
- Passionate about data and technology with focus on customer satisfaction
- Excellent personal organization, ability to prioritize, proactively drive projects to completion
- Experience developing new talent
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Engineering
Electronic Arts Inc. è un'azienda di software di intrattenimento interattivo leader globale. EA offre giochi, contenuti e servizi online per console collegate ad internet, personal computer, cellulari e tablet.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 210
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare o anzianità. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.