Multiple Locations: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Toronto, Ontario, Canada • Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 169163
Position Title: Game Designer I
Level Designer (Temporary)
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
Who a Level Designer is at BioWare:
- You will work with our team of writers, artists, and designers through all stages of development to implement sections of game environments.
- You will work with your lead to implement the priorities and goals, focusing on the gameplay elements of a map.
- You will create original and defined content for specific levels, systems, and gameplay.
- You will share in critique sessions to provide input to personal and peer work.
- 4+ years of experience as a game-level designer, working with current engines and tools or related experience.
- Experience with closed and open world layouts, including gameplay and technical requirements.
- Familiar with the level design fundamentals, constraints, and narrative.
- Comfortable working with groups within design, art, programming, and production.
- Experience with current scripting languages and level editors with the ability to implement and manipulate content.
- Knowledge of RPGs and Action game genres.
- Critique the content of peers in a group environment.
Community / Marketing Title: Level Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-13 17:08:13.77
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。