Sr. Data Engineer
Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Requisition Number: 168922
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Glu Mobile is now part of the Electronic Arts family. The combination of our talented teams at Glu and EA position us as a leader in the largest gaming category in the world. We are forming a powerful growth engine that will expand our current games and deliver more amazing new experiences across sports, lifestyle, mid-core, and casual for players everywhere. Come join us!
The Data Engineering team at Glu builds core data infrastructure and applications in support of all areas of our business, including our studio teams, analytics, user acquisition, monetization, and finance. Glu is passionate about maximizing the value that data and analytics can provide to the business and is aggressively investing in new capabilities. Our team covers a lot of ground from real-time data ingestion through to scalable data pipelines.
As a Senior Engineer, you should have a strong engineering background and have built robust data platforms and pipelines, and take complete ownership of your area of expertise. This is a fantastic opportunity to use your engineering skills to make a material impact on a highly valued analytics platform and lead the team with best engineering practices.
- Taking ownership of and developing critical new features for our next-generation analytics platform, supporting Glu's worldwide studios and central functions such as marketing and finance
- Building scalable, accurate, and extensible stream processing applications using cutting-edge technology such as Spark Streaming and Apache Flink
- Implementing complex and highly scalable end-to-end data pipelines, using Elastic Beanstalk, Kinesis, EMR, Spark, Hive, Druid, Snowflake, AirflowEnsure best practices and standards in our data ecosystem are shared across teams
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/statistics/mathematics, data engineering, or other fields with equivalent proven engineering experience
- 5+ years of data engineering experience, especially working on back-end data infrastructure
- Proficiency with at least one of the following languages: Java, Python, Scala
- Experience with distributed batch and stream processing technologies such as Flink, Spark SQL, Spark Streaming, and/or Kafka Streams
- Experience with AWS Ecosystem, especially Kinesis, EMR, Lambda, and GlueExperience with CI/CD process, testing framework, and containerization technology
- Experience with workflow orchestration tools such as Oozie, Luigi, and AirflowKnowledge of NoSQL application data stores i.e. Druid, HBase, Cassandra, DynamoDB, Redis
- Expertise with high-scale machine learning, i.e. Spark M/L, SageMaker, etc
- Experience with SQL and SQL-like languages, especially Snowflake
- Expertise building data-rich web applications, especially with technologies like Angular, js, and Elastic Beanstalk
- Passionate about continuously adding automation process and optimization of data infrastructure
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Data Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-07 20:32:22.973
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.