QE Technical Director
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Montreal, Quebec, Canada • Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 168809
Position Title: Technical Director I
The Opportunity Ahead:
We are looking for a Technical Director to oversee the engineering efforts of EA's Quality Verification teams that work with the Motive and Full Circle studios at EA and report to the Group Technical Director. These studios manage titles such as Skate and Star Wars Squadrons.
As part of EA's worldwide Quality Verification organisation you will help improve the way we make and test games at EA. We are looking for a curious and passionate person who is always looking for ways to improve the quality of life for QV, developers, and to provide the ultimate experience for our players. Your insights and your influence will allow us to make the highest quality games possible and have fun whilst doing it.
Using automated testing, workflow tools, and data insights, your team makes it as easy as possible to create and test high-quality games, you will help ensure that the game will always be stable through all stages of development.
Are you someone who knows "we can do better", and can walk that path? Then we want to hear from you.
- Create technical strategies to ensure QV engagements across multiple groups and projects.
- Guide the quality development discipline forwards as part of the worldwide Quality Verification organization.
- Participate in the Quality Verification planning and strategies for each product within the group.
- Ensure the excellence of our embedded and in-sourced tools development services.
- Oversee all project dependencies, risks, and essential paths.
- Promote achievement of the Quality Verification team's business goals and develop policies for sharing software, technical innovation, business processes and other intellectual property.
- Help create a technical community by developing excellent relationships with technical peers in game development teams and other groups throughout EA studios.
- Work with other team leaders to manage change.
- Lead and coach software engineers on the team.
- Recruit and retain great people to the team and company.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 6 years' technology industry technical experience working on tools, test automation, and software development.
- At least 4 years' technology industry technical experience working with video games.
- Knowledge of game application technologies, spanning client, server, live operations and infrastructure systems.
- Game development contributions that demonstrate the above requirements with a high level of proficiency.
- Balance technical, team, product, project and requirements for successful outcomes.
- Experience leading technical teams that are distributed across multiple studios and time zones.
- Change management, experience adapting/changing status quo and traversing changes with people, products, and processes.
- Experience developing new talent.
- Able to travel.
You will work with projects at studios in Vancouver and Montreal, Canada. As such, there is flexibility with where you are located.
Diversity & Inclusion:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. EA has taken efforts to ensure that our online application system is accessible to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. Applicants with disabilities may contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance accessing our careers.ea.com website. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and EA will respond as soon as possible.
Community / Marketing Title: QE Technical Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-04 17:57:44.273
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.