Technical Animation Director
Location: Orlando, FL, USA
Requisition Number: 168554
Position Title: Technical Art Director
Pour visualiser la description de poste en français, veuillez sélectionner le français ("Select Language") dans le menu déroulant au haut de la page
"Motive" is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
EA Motive is in the early stages of building an ambitious new narrative, single player game. We are looking for a Technical Animation Director to join the team and help us craft our strategy and technology to help tie together gameplay and storytelling for a polished visual experience.
- You will work with the other directors and discipline leads to establish a technical strategy for the gameplay and narrative needs of the title
- Guide the development of the animation tools and pipelines
- Oversee character rigs, rigging workflows and skinning
- Review game design concepts and identify and analyze risks and dependencies
- Mentor team members on tools and techniques
- Anticipate technological advancements and establish our best practices
- You will establish and communicate best practices and tools for animation technology.
- Contribute to the animation community at Motive and across EA
- At least 7 years of animation, rigging, or programming experience (or related experience) + 3 years of leadership, some of which needs to be in game development.
- Familiarity with animation principles and the nature of animating for games.
- Expertise in creating and maintaining common tools and workflows for animators.
- Expert knowledge in Maya, MotionBuilder experience is an asset.
- Knowledge in Python and visual scripting.
- Experience with motion capture, motion capture direction, and motion retargeting.
- Experience with runtime animation systems, concepts and constraints.
- Have a proactive and self-directed work ethic and an interest in solving problems.
- Experience with editor-based game development environments (Unreal, Unity).
- Passion for making games look and play great.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Animation Director
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 132
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.