Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 168461
Position Title: Quality Designer I
EA Vancouver is looking for a Quality Designer to join an established, experienced team of working on a AAA Sports title in development at EA Vancouver. This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and help improve quality across both the FIFA franchise, and across Sports business located in Vancouver and Bucharest. You will report to the FIFA QV Development Director.
- You are a mentor for peers, assisting with and growing their knowledge.
- You will build working relationships with senior members of the development, production and design teams that you will use to guide a higher quality player experience through tasks such as feature planning, analyzing internal data/player data, and feature/design reviews.
- Propose and provide solutions to problems from senior management.
- Work with us to improve existing testing and issue analysis activities to achieve the agreed upon goals.
- End-to-end ownership of quality strategy.
- Collaborate and promote best practices across multiple teams and across multiple studios.
- Support identification of technical solutions and automation opportunities.
- Report progress and status through regular email or face-to-face communication with appropriate managers and other team members.
- Promote a "Player First" approach always and be an advocate for the player in everything we do to help us achieve a high quality experience for our players.
5+ years of applicable work experience.
- In-depth knowledge of AAA software/game development, including both and waterfall methodologies.
- Work with medium-to-large scale on-site teams. Work with external partners.
- Experience with bug prevention and containment strategies.
- Compile data points spanning multiple sources into cohesive and consumable summaries for senior team members.
- Defect and Task tracking tool experience (JIRA, DevTrack, TestRail, or Hansoft)
- Game engine experience a plus.
- Perforce or other collaboration tool experience a plus.
- Experience working within a continuous delivery or continuous deployment model.
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-09-16 23:08:19.763
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.