Senior Environment Artist
Multiple Locations: North Carolina, United States • Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Requisition Number: 168350
Position Title: Senior Environment Artist
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
BioWare's vision is to create, deliver, and evolve the most emotionally engaging games in the world.
BioWare develops high-quality console, PC, and online role-playing games focused on rich stories, unforgettable characters, and vast worlds to discover. Since 1995, BioWare has created some of the world's most critically acclaimed titles, including Baldur's Gate™, Neverwinter Nights™, Star Wars ™: Knights of the Old Republic™, Jade Empire™, Mass Effect™, and Dragon Age™. BioWare operates in Edmonton (Alberta, Canada), Montreal (Quebec, Canada), and Austin (Texas, United States). In 2008, BioWare was acquired by Electronic Arts, a leading global interactive entertainment publisher.
Currently announced projects at BioWare include the ongoing support of the Mass Effect franchise, one of the highest-rated video game series of all time, Dragon Age: Inquisition, the latest entry in the Dragon Age franchise, and Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™, a story-driven massively multiplayer online game.
BioWare Austin is seeking an Environment Artist to join the Star Wars™: The Old Republic team and deliver cutting edge visuals while retaining gameplay and exploration crafted by the world designers.
What the Environment Artist will do at BioWare Austin:
• Create exterior and interior environments for the game, including all world-building, propping, lighting and optimization
• Utilize your creativity in designing the spaces while maintaining the style of the game
• Collaborate with designers and writers to ensure gameplay spaces support story and gameplay requirements
• Stub and integrate assets for our external vendors
• Work as part of a team, under the direction of the Lead Environment Artist
Who You Are:
• Demonstrated ability to establish compelling environments
• Excellent sense of world building, including composition, propping and lighting
• Ability to work with a team, working with other team members to make sure environments support gameplay
• Ability to follow a golden standard area and apply that look to other areas of the environment
• Ability to create a golden standard area using conceptual reference
• Ability to own all aspects of a level taking it from block out to final polish
• Excellent creation and ability to tell a story through world-building
• You enjoy working on several different aspects of the game, from PVP levels to Flashpoints, Operations and Story areas
• 3ds Max, Maya and Photoshop skills
• ZBrush and Substance Painter and Substance Designer knowledge a plus
• Ability to work within performance guidelines
• A willingness to work in our highly collaborative and friendly environment
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Environment Artist
Electronic Arts Inc.は、インタラクティブ・エンターテイメント・ソフトウェアの世界的大手企業です。 EAは、インターネットに接続されたコンソール、パソコン、携帯電話、タブレットに対してゲーム、コンテンツおよびオンラインサービスを提供しています。
EEOText: EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無、および法律で保護されたその他のあらゆる状況は考慮されません。 また、犯罪歴のある人物の雇用も、募集要項を満たす応募者の場合は適用法令に従って検討します。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。
Date Opened: 2021-09-13 23:08:21.503
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無は考慮されません。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。