Software Engineer - Operational Data & Insights
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Austin, Texas, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 168060
Position Title: Software Engineer II
The EA Product Infrastructure & Engineering (PI&E) group is part of the CTO organization and is the foundation on which EA's games are built and operate. PI&E builds and operates a broad platform of infrastructure services that powers games and enables game development across EA's global ecosystem Our team's charter is to make EA's games and services available to all players anytime and anywhere. To do this, we focus on the high availability of infrastructure, core services, and studio services. Additionally, we aim to help developers to experiment and build new games quickly with infrastructure services on-demand and workflows that ensure rapid development in the cloud. In all of this, we partner across EA to promote infrastructure cost efficiency and infrastructure optimization.
As a Software Engineer within the PI&E group, you will report to the Sr. Manager of Engineering.
- You will partner with product and program management to ensure clarity and understanding of features and priorities.
- You will develop creative solutions that address customer requests, new product features and production defects.
- You will expand designs into engineering execution plans and engineering tasks.
- You will work with the team to design development and quality processes, and coding standards
- You will write code, meet peer-reviewed code standards, use team-selected tools, commit to approved repositories.
- You will work with support teams and partners to debug and resolve production incidents with deployed products.
- You will mentor peer software engineers through advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of professional experience working on a software engineering team
- 5+ years of programming experience, including design, prototype, build, deploy, integrate, upgrade, monitor and alert
- 5+ years of experience building, deploying and supporting high-scale, secure infrastructure and distributed applications in a cloud service
- 3+ years of experience using database technologies such as mySQL, MongoDB
- Experience with OO languages such as Golang or Python
- Experience with public cloud providers (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Experience with container technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Understand Relational, NoSQL, and BigData solutions
- Experience creating and integrating with RESTful web services
- Experience with Engineering Collaboration Software - Sharepoint, JIRA, GitLab, GitHub, Confluence.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer - Operational Data & Insights
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-08-27 17:57:42.43
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.