Development Director II - NHL
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 167331
Position Title: DD II
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. EA SPORTS NHL has revolutionized sports gaming for tens of millions of players around the world, pioneering award-winning and creative technology and experiences that connect players to the speed, skill, and creativity of the NHL.
The EA SPORTS NHL franchise is founded on passion and new ideas. Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the team is composed of remarkable talent on a mission to accomplish on-ice experiences that connect gamers around the world through play. If you're a creative pioneer with a passion for your craft, you will have the chance to turn a job into something you love.Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the full operational aspects of the game development, including establishing development framework, reporting, risk management, capacity planning, resource management and budget.
- Work with the project leadership to define the strategy to execute against milestones and key deliverables.
- Solve problems, balance priorities, and find creative solutions to achieve results.
- Foster an engaging, fulfilling and fun working environment that is inclusive and diverse.
- Be responsible for coaching, mentoring, and career development of your team. Lead project managers at all levels of your team.
- Develop, maintain and publish project KPI’s that track project quality, delivery and predictability.
- Establish regular communication with the team, partners and key stakeholders to provide project status updates.
- Ensure the team has the best organizational structure, processes and practices that allow them to produce high quality work efficiently on time and on budget.
- 7+ years of operations and leadership experience with strong leadership skills with the ability to challenge and influence a variety of stakeholders.
- The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of project operations acquired from a minimum of 5+ years experience in project management on AAA game franchises or similar software development projects.
- Experience managing a large project or multiple projects ideally using a variety of project management methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and possesses strong emotional intelligence skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills - able to work on complex problems where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director II - NHL
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-07-28 17:51:35.2
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.