Experience Designer - The Sims
Multiple Locations: United Kingdom • Helsinki, Finland • Ireland • Romania • Sweden • Germany • Spain
Requisition Number: 167096
Position Title: Experience Designer II
At Maxis, we thrive on outrageous thinking.
It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re creators and great storytellers. Our mission is not just about amazing our peers – it’s about amazing our fans. Taking risks, collaborating with each other and daring to dream big. Together, we can improve the way millions play every day.
Maxis is looking for an Experience Designer II, with experience leading design on large-scale products/games and experience working on social networks, e-commerce, and live services in both game and non-gaming products. You should excel in a collaborative and iterative environment and help guide these processes and methods forward. Come build amazing experiences with us!
- Drive user-centered design processes to provide outstanding design solutions for Maxis games.
- Partner with XD Leads and the larger XD team.
- Maintain and adhere to an existing comprehensive design system.
- Be a promoter of usability, inclusiveness, and accessibility.
- Drive design solutions that are informed by player data (quantitative and qualitative).
- Craft UX artifacts: experience maps, flows, wireframes, prototypes.
- Produce mocks and visual artifacts.
- Implement UI in game engine.
- Architect player flows, screens, content, and states that promote ease of use and are engaging while balancing player, business and technical goals.
- Partner with various team members to find balanced design solutions to player and business goals within technical constraints.
- At least 4 years of UX/UI experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, product designer or similar role. Your experience includes some combination of: game and non-gaming products, live service and social networks.
- Experience with user research methodologies and user data analysis (quantitative and qualitative).
- A portfolio demonstrating user-centered designs across multiple digital products. Creating research and data informed designs that meet player needs and their motivations.
- You have an optimistic outlook, the desire to inspire excellence.
- Knowledge of usability principles and designing for accessibility, diversity, and inclusivity.
- You understand the importance of providing and soliciting feedback in a graceful, constructive manner, with suggestions and solutions for improvement to both process and project.
- You have a passion for playing and making games, with an understanding of what makes them fun and engaging.
- You can present and rationalize design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences, using these opportunities to educate and promote.
- Proficiency in multiple modern design tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch, Principal, Adobe CC, Figma, etc.
- Familiarity with The Sims 4, The Sims franchise and the life simulation genre.
Community / Marketing Title: Experience Designer - The Sims
Electronic Arts Inc. è un'azienda di software di intrattenimento interattivo leader globale. EA offre giochi, contenuti e servizi online per console collegate ad internet, personal computer, cellulari e tablet.
EEOText: EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare o anzianità. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.
Date Opened: 2021-07-21 15:43:42.437
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare o anzianità. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.