Data Analyst - Quality Verification - (EA Sports)
Location: Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 167065
Position Title: Staff Analyst
As a Data Analyst within the Analytic team, you will play a key role in analyzing our operational data to improve our Quality Verification (QV) strategies. You will be a sharp, curious, and analytic individual who has a passion for diving into data to solve business problems. Your insights will influence how we build and verify the quality of our games.
- Receives questions from clients, understands the questions, and determines the data needed to find the solutions.
- Conducts analysis using statistical software, databases, spreadsheets, and reporting tools.
- Designs, evaluates, and monitors key metrics.
- Develops and maintains scripts and queries to import, clean, transform, and augment data.
- Builds live data dashboards complete with user documentation.
- Designs and develops statistical analysis models for hypothesis testing, prediction, or inference.
- Performs quality assurance to ensure accuracy and consistency for the information being delivered.
- Presents analysis conclusions to clients in a clear, understandable, and valuable way.
- Communicates clearly (and as often as needed) with team members and business partners.
- 1 – 3 years of work experience in a past analytical role
- Performs data analysis using MS Excel or other similar tools with a high degree of proficiency.
- Visualizes high readability data insights using software tools like Power BI, Tableau, or Excel.
- Understands well how data is stored in databases and can write fast and reusable SQL code to retrieve it.
- Writes efficient Python or R code to answer data analysis questions with a high degree of confidence.
- Understands the requirements of the of Agile/Waterfall process and adjusts their work as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics etc.) and/or successful completion of post-secondary level Math and Statistics courses. Business Degree with specific statistics or data-related program specialty.
- Foundation of math and statistical knowledge including an understanding of probability, correlation, regression, classification, and the development of statistical models.
- Exceptional problem solving, creative thinking, and analytical skills.
- Ability to initiate and maintain close collaborative partnerships with coworkers and stakeholders.
- Ability to take ownership of projects and look for new problems to solve and new concepts to implement.
- Quick learner with an innate desire to continually learn, adapt and develop abilities.
- A skillful communicator who is not afraid to ask questions and brings new insights to light.
- Professionalism in working with clients and working in a team environment.
Community / Marketing Title: Data Analyst - Quality Verification - (EA Sports)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-07-14 15:10:07.867
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.