Sr. Manager, Data Science
Lokalizacja: Montreal, QC, Canada
Requisition Number: 166974
Position Title: Manager, Data Science
Sr. Data Science Manager (Studio Data Insights)
Multiple Locations: Austin, Texas, United States, Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Remote Work Option:Yes
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are hiring a Sr. Data Science Manager for our Studio’s Data Science team. This is an important position within the team, taking on the role as a team lead, a partner with our studio game leads and a strategic organizer for the team. You will use your expertise in applied statistical modeling, machine learning and people management to power and guide our in-game products.
What you'll do
- Lead a team of Data Scientists/Sr. Scientists: develop their skills, run scrums and guide communication with game team stakeholders concerning your team’s projects.
- Manage your team to build predictive models and automated machine learning pipelines to guide both live services and game design with applicable insights, simulations, and recommendations.
- As part of the largest data science team, you will drive, mentor and guide a larger community of data scientists, with our data science leadership team, across the Studio Data and Insights team and other organizations within EA.
- Use your expertise in data science techniques and methodology to gain insights on player behavior and propose projects game teams can deploy into their game.
- Communicate project roadmaps, milestones, experiments and outcomes as a means to show your team’s impact on EA game titles.
- Collaborate with other data science team leaders, experienced individual contributors, technical directors and development directors to drive data science strategy for the team and influence data-informed decision making across EA.
- PhD or Master's in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field OR 8+ years experience in data industry
- 3 or more years of leading projects, developing teams of data scientists/experts, and managing relationships with stakeholders.
- 3 or more years of professional experience manipulating data sets, building statistical models and productizing models along with experience applying Data Science methodologies to real-world problems.
- Expert status in analyzing extremely complex, multi-dimensional data sets with a variety of tools
- Experience with project management and process frameworks like Agile and Scrum.
- Programming experience with at least one scripting language: R, Python, or Scala.
- Further engineering, programming experience with system programming language such as C/C++ or Java a plus.
- Experience using SQL to query databases.
- Big data technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, and Pig
- Model production in Spark
- Application deployment using AWS, GCP, Virtual Machines, or Docker
Games and gaming are changing. Over the next few years, that change is going to accelerate and without the proper knowledge and toolsets to exploit this, many developers will struggle to keep up with it. Our job on this team is to ensure that our studios are equipped with as much data-informed insights and clarity as possible to not only keep pace but become the shapers of that evolution, to help EA lead into the future. We find that exciting and we hope that you do, too.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Manager, Data Science
Electronic Arts Inc. to światowy lider w dziedzinie produkcji interaktywnego oprogramowania rozrywkowego. EA oferuje gry, treści i usługi internetowe dla podłączonych do internetu konsol, komputerów osobistych, telefonów komórkowych i tabletów.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 127
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA jest pracodawcą realizującym politykę równych szans w zatrudnieniu. Wszystkie decyzje dotyczące pracowników są podejmowane bez względu na: rasę, kolor skóry, przynależność etniczną, kraj pochodzenia, płeć, tożsamość płciową, orientację seksualną, wiek, informację genetyczną, wyznanie, niepełnosprawność, stan zdrowia, stan cywilny lub rodzinny, status kombatanta. EA dostosowuje miejsca pracy dla niepełnosprawnych pracowników lub kandydatów zgodnie z obowiązującym prawem.