Development Director - Create (Battlefield)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 166651
Position Title: DD II
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to deliver outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The Challenge Ahead:
Development Directors for EA Create are the keeper of the project schedule and help move the development team from one project phase to the next while ensuring collaboration and communication both on your team and with other partners in the studio. You will partner with producers to ensure that they are managing the project on time, to quality, and within budget.
In addition to your roles as a people manager, you will lead the current Battlefield Art Cosmetics and Live Development in partnership with DICE (another EA studio). As a central team at EA, partnering with multiple development teams across various games including our major sports titles (FIFA, NHL, Madden), our Development Directors will be opportunities to work on other franchises in the future.
- You will build and evolve teams; identify resourcing needs, provide challenges and development-opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
- You will develop working relationships with immediate team and those outside of the immediate team that have an effect on the completion of the project
- You will provide line management to employees across departments within a single project team
- You will communicate with project team and coordinate requirements with external partners
- Your will participate in the hiring process to meet project requirements
- Establish and assign task goals from defined project goals; achieve project deliverables through managing team at a project-level (e.g. Franchise-wide level);
- Mitigate risk for assigned scope
- Partner with production to manage scope and quality
- Manage Project reporting (Project Status, Finance, Risks)
- Establish an overall project schedule based on the individual task estimates for production
- Determine the resource requirements to meet the task requirements
- Establish a project budget, determine task requirements, and assign tasks to team resources
- 5 years project management or team leadership experience;
- Education requirement University degree Bachelors or equivalent professional experience;
- 5+ years of experience in different project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director - Create (Battlefield)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-06-22 16:28:52.66
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.