Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Requisition Number: 165345
Position Title: Technical Artist 2
"Motive" is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will help make the extraordinary. You will also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
The Senior Technical Artist will report to their project's Technical Art Director. They will work with their Lead Technical Artist and colleagues from other disciplines to support the generation, maintenance and integration of game assets.
Senior Technical Artists are expected to be engaged problem solvers and owners of at least one aspect of the Tech Art discipline's overall mandate. The primary responsibilities for this position are to:
- Maintain and develop tools and workflows to empower artists to create high-quality content.
- Maintain and improve Art asset Import/Export pipelines.
- Ensure Art assets follow the project's quality and technical standards by direct guidance and automated validation processes.
- Support our Art, Animation and Gameplay teams on matters of physics, collisions and destruction.
- Troubleshoot production issues and help fix Art related bugs as they occur.
- Create clear documentation for project workflows and best practice guidelines.
- Keep up with the latest trends and technical tools for developing content and inspire others through knowledge sharing.
- Maintain positive working relationships with teammates across all disciplines.
- You have:
- 6+ years of experience as a Technical Artist.
- High degree of proficiency with a range of modern Digital Content Creation applications (e.g. Maya, Substance, Blender, and Houdini).
- High degree of proficiency in Python (C# and other programming languages an asset).
- Understanding of hardware platform capabilities, including memory, performance, and feature support.
- Shipped at least one AAA title, with ownership of parts of its Art assets pipeline.
- Experience with asset optimization strategies and techniques.
- Experience with the use of Perforce or other version control software.
- Experience with the use of Jira or other bug tracking and project management software (Shotgun experience an asset).
Community / Marketing Title: Artiste Technique
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-04-12 11:16:56.857
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。