Software Engineer - Frostbite Schematics
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 164597
Position Title: Software Engineer I
Software Engineer - Frostbite Engine Systems - C++
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
Why join the Frostbite Team?
As a systems engineer on the Engine Systems team you will be working on technologies that are the fundamental building blocks of the Frostbite engine. The team works on low-level technologies that span a huge number of domains. There are many opportunities available for learning and gaining unique expertise. You will be a part of daily interactions with many of the most experienced engineers in the company to help solve some of our most engaging problems, you will work on the latest gaming hardware, manage low-level hardware interactions like the file system and memory management. You will be part of a team that is passionate about pushing our technologies forward.
- Design and implement complex low-level systems used by thousands of game developers across EA
- Provide architectural guidance, technical direction and oversight for complex systems level feature sets
- Work with the wider Frostbite engineering team to determine strategic direction for systems level technology
- Collaborate with team leadership to build roadmaps
- Help improve the tools, technical processes and best practices for the team. Help in improving team productivity, code quality and sustainable development
- Be a mentor to help develop the team
- Implement automated tests
- Support others using Frostbite Core's technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- High level of proficiency with C++
- Multithreaded programming and debugging experience
- Profiling and optimization experience
- Understand memory management and multiple processor use
- Experience using source control systems on code bases with a large number of active developers
- 7+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience in game engine development
- Experience in game console development
- Standard C++ library, concurrency
- C# for scripting or .NET/WPF development
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer - Frostbite Schematics
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-03-08 19:44:29.103
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.