Software Engineer I
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 164295
Position Title: Software Engineer I
Software Engineer I (Native Game Development)
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
As EA's first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices, social networks and online environments that deliver seamless play anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connecting a market of more than one billion core and masscasual gamers worldwide, EA Mobile delivers engaging, accessible, high quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
The EA Mobile portfolio encompasses some of the most recognizable entertainment brands in the world, including titles such as The Simpsons, Tetris Blitz, SCRABBLE, MONOPOLY, Plants vs Zombies 2, Real Racing 3, Dungeon Keeper as well as online games destination Pogo.com.
The Hyderabad office represents one of EA Mobile’s largest development organizations with more than 700 passionate mobile game experts involved in game development, testing, production and distribution. The game development studio is a team within this organization that is committed to building and running live services for some of EA’s top games.
Our vision is to be EA Mobile’s center of excellence for Live Services and help grow the footprint of casual games in the market. Here are the values we truly believe in:
- Tenacity – Hunger to prove yourself and keep pushing the boundary
- Ownership – Get things done
- Passion – Passionate about the art of making games
- Collaboration – Great things are not done by an individual but by a team of highly motivated folks
- Alchemy – Create magic in everything you do
We’re looking for highly talented and dedicated Software Engineers/Programmers who thrive in fast paced, ever changing development environments. As a Software Engineer, you’ll be an integral member of a team delivering AAA mobile game experiences.
Here's how your day would look like:
- Collaboratively working to deliver high-quality cross-platform mobile games.
- Working with product and project leaders and your team members to understand player needs and delivering incredible value in an incremental and high impact way.
- Ensuring our designs are simple and effective with excellent workflows and features.
- Working on documentation and testing in parallel to accelerate ease of use and future maintenance of our technology.
Who fits the bill:
- Native application development experience on Smartphones/Mobile Platform with expertise in more than one of the following platforms/programming languages: IOS SDKs (iPhone and iPad) and Objective-C, Android SDK/NDK, C++
- Knowledge and understanding in OpenGL/OpenGL ES/DirectX/Win 32
- Fluent in C++ with strong OOP fundamentals
- Experience with Unity or Unreal Engine 3 development a big plus
- Proficient with 3D math including linear algebra (vector math, matrices)
- Intermediate knowledge in 3D graphics and 3D rendering algorithms
- Gameplay systems design and implementation.
- 4 to 6 years’ experience in relevant game development and/or demo-scene
- Find creative technical solutions to design challenges.
- Knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions
- PC or Console development experience
- Strong analysis and debugging skills.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills and critical thinking skills
- Most important of all, you need to love games!
Nice to Have Skills:
- Design/build Multiplayer systems architecture and implementation
- Direct experience with multi-player or equivalent client/server topology as used in online games
- General awareness of SCRUM as a development process
What to Expect:
- A relaxed, supportive working atmosphere
- The ability to work with your choice of OS, IDE and tools
- Regular knowledge sharing sessions with a wide range of talented engineers
- Career progression and mentoring
- A unique set of technical challenges to tackle
- The opportunity to expand and grow as an engineer
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer I
Electronic Arts Inc. è un'azienda di software di intrattenimento interattivo leader globale. EA offre giochi, contenuti e servizi online per console collegate ad internet, personal computer, cellulari e tablet.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-02-12 11:26:14.103
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare o anzianità. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.