FIFA - Experience Design Director
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 162450
Position Title: Director, Experience Design
Experience Director (XD), FIFA
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
Innovation, passion, and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
- As part of the FIFA team, you will report into the Group Design Director working on defining the Experience Design vision in close collaborations with UX researchers, visual directors, game designers, producers, UX designers, UI designers and other important partners.
- Drive Experience Design vision and strategy at the team level, creating a player experience that’s both functional and delightful.
- Form and grow relationships with important partners such as game designers, product managers, visual directors, and brand partners to set UX priorities and find balanced solutions for player, business, and technical goals.
- Lead teams in framing and solving hard problems rooted in player data (quantitative and qualitative) and solid UX foundations.
- Guide and review UX design across the product.
- Collaborate with key partners to set design priorities and find balanced solutions to the complex player, business, and technical challenges.
- Establish UX and UI guidelines, design principles, and best practices such as heuristic evaluations/usability standards, archetype development, experience journey maps, prototyping, and user testing.
- Guide user research studies and the development and use of KPIs to measure performance data and validate solutions.
- Manage and mentor junior UX, UI, and Technical designers, game designers and stakeholders on user-centered design principles and methodologies.
- Degree in Interaction Design, Psychology, HCI or demonstrated proficiency and experiences in the field of user experience.
- 5+ years leading and managing design teams.
- Advanced level of experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, interface designer, product designer, or similar role.
- Fluency in best practices for interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques.
- Understanding of user research methodologies and user data analysis (quantitative and qualitative).
- A portfolio of shipped products from ideation to release.
- Expert knowledge of design patterns and heuristics.
- Able to lead a team to translate player data into design solutions and quickly refine them.
- Effective at presenting and rationalizing design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences including executives, using these opportunities to educate and promote.
- The ability to work and teach across multiple product teams, moving effortlessly between the smallest details and highest level strategy.
- A passion for designing games & immersive experiences
- It's a bonus if you have…Experience in game development and a passion for football
Community / Marketing Title: FIFA - Experience Design Director
Electronic Arts Inc. to światowy lider w dziedzinie produkcji interaktywnego oprogramowania rozrywkowego. EA oferuje gry, treści i usługi internetowe dla podłączonych do internetu konsol, komputerów osobistych, telefonów komórkowych i tabletów.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-09-16 18:40:32.56
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA jest pracodawcą realizującym politykę równych szans w zatrudnieniu. Wszystkie decyzje dotyczące pracowników są podejmowane bez względu na: rasę, kolor skóry, przynależność etniczną, kraj pochodzenia, płeć, tożsamość płciową, orientację seksualną, wiek, informację genetyczną, wyznanie, niepełnosprawność, stan zdrowia, stan cywilny lub rodzinny, status kombatanta. EA dostosowuje miejsca pracy dla niepełnosprawnych pracowników lub kandydatów zgodnie z obowiązującym prawem.