Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 160962
Position Title: Software Engineer III
The Role: Software Engineer (Systems Engineer)
The NHL team is looking for a Software Engineer (Systems Engineer) to play a key role in shipping a high-quality title.
We’re looking for someone who can own and drive systems work – everything from technology upgrades to memory and performance optimization. Someone who can work through other engineers but isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty and fix those intricate last minute bugs. Above all, we’re looking for an engineer who knows what it takes to make a AAA title and is excited to use their talent and experience to build great games.
- Works with other domains and production to integrate and develop core technologies
- Manage and optimize memory, load time and performance
- Guide the title through final stages of development
- Drive systems work, from technology upgrades to memory and performance optimization; debugging
- Write and build internal tools
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient and shareable code
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Systems, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience in the video gaming industry, including experience in game systems
- Strong C++, architectural, and software engineering skills.
- Ability to learn, test, debug, and extend other software engineer's code.
- Experience integrating and maintaining large scale systems covering multiple domains and technologies.
- Understanding of memory management, file systems, multi-core processing, and runtime optimization.
- Experience with assembler, scripting languages, and C#.
- Understanding and experience of job-based architectures and scheduling.
- Detailed knowledge of Xbox, PS4, and Switch consoles/platforms.
- Experience with profiling tools to monitor and diagnose issues.
- English is the required language of work
What's In It For You:
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, and pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching); Relocation assistance also offered.
Eligible for salary increases, bonuses, and restricted stock units at company’s discretion
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
Address: Electronic Arts (Canada), Inc., 4330 Sanderson Way, Burnaby, BC V5G 4X1
Salary offered: $115,000 to $140,000
Full time, permanent position
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc.は、インタラクティブ・エンターテイメント・ソフトウェアの世界的大手企業です。 EAは、インターネットに接続されたコンソール、パソコン、携帯電話、タブレットに対してゲーム、コンテンツおよびオンラインサービスを提供しています。
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-05-05 22:42:33.23
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無は考慮されません。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。