Art QA Lead (Criterion)
Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 161758
Position Title: Quality Designer I
We’re Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our experienced people have expressed their passion for excellent game feel, AAA audiovisual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout and Need for Speed series and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We’d love to hear yours! Crunch doesn’t help make a better game. We don’t do it. For the past three years we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let’s talk about how you could be a part of it.
The Challenge Ahead
You will be the contact between QA and the Art and Content teams providing clear assessment to ensure visual targets are met and improve the quality of the game. You will align with internal and external development partners to establish processes to support both the creation, polish and release of world art, customisation assets, vehicles and characters.
QA Leads are champions of best practice and new ideas in testing, playing an important role in driving our craft forward. They shape testing procedures and ensure accurate execution and reporting of all testing activities by the wider QA team for their area(s) of ownership.
- Establish QA processes for all our art, content production and integration process.
- Work with game artists, animators, designers and others to ensure high standards of content quality are maintained.
- Participate in daily development stand-ups and share updates with the wider QA team.
- Develop an intimate understanding of the art production and integration workflows and their associated requirements
- Use development tools to guide issue identification upstream and promote defect prevention.
- Identify high value automation and telemetry requirements to help improve the art and content testing process.
- Provide qualitative feedback to improve overall product quality and the perception of the art, content and features used in our games.
- A passion for quality.
- Previous game development QA experience across multiple titles.
- Knowledge of gaming consoles and their systems.
- Experience in peer mentoring.
- Experience with 3D content creation and texturing tools such as Maya, 3ds Max and Photoshop
- General knowledge of common production techniques including; high-low poly baking, modular asset creation, whiteboxing, physically based rendering and sculpting.
- Understanding of the technical rights and wrongs of asset creation and scene layout, displaying good technical knowledge, caring about keeping our game running smoothly on console.
Bonus Points For
- Traditional art skills, appreciation of composition, lighting, colour and detail.
- Experience with game engine editors (e.g. Frostbite, Unreal Engine, or Unity).
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban).
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Great compensation package plus annual bonus scheme, pension scheme and stock plans
- Private medical insurance and dental care, life insurance and free onsite gym
- Employee discounts and rail season ticket loans
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer and Christmas)
- Onsite café, casual dress code and games areas
We thought you might also want to know more about our studio and location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Community / Marketing Title: Art QA Lead (Criterion)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-07-13 20:32:05.89
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.