Location: Pasadena, California, United States
Requisition Number: 160532
Position Title: Game Designer II
Industrial Toys is a AAA mobile developer founded by Halo veteran Alex Seropian. Our mission is to make games that are Mobile To The Core! We are currently working to bring cutting edge FPS gaming to your phone. If you’re interested in working with veteran mobile, console, and PC developers in creating new AAA experiences that will reach billions of mobile players around the world we would like to hear from you!
We’re seeking a Level Designer to build exceptional levels for a multiplayer FPS. You will be responsible for shepherding your levels from initial concept to polished environment. We’re looking for a well-rounded level designer who can take feedback, and who wants to contribute to making the best mobile FPS possible. In addition to receiving feedback on your levels, you’ll work with the rest of the design team, giving feedback on other aspects of the game.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in level design, and an ability to self-sufficiently build levels, whether it’s through Maya or BSP. You’ll be able to deliver your work on time, and work with other disciplines to ensure your levels are fun and perform well on mobile devices.
- Develop level concepts that fit into the overall project slate
- Quickly build levels for internal playtests
- Receive feedback and iterate on your levels
- Generate actionable changes from research and live data
- Adjust levels to fit performance budgets
- Experience designing levels for multiplayer games, preferably shooters
- Demonstrable content creation skills
- Ability to build content in UE4
- Outstanding self-motivation and initiative
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
Enjoy EA Industrial Toys studio benefits of:
- Spacious 19,000 sqft 10th floor office with amazing views of the San Gabriel mountains, all of Pasadena, and Los Angeles (on a clear day)
- Weekly Happy Hours, donuts and bagels.
- Full kitchen with snacks, drinks, espresso machine and nitro cold brew
- A game room with classic multi-arcade machines, modern consoles, and PC gaming stations
- Foosball, Ping-pong table, and Cornhole game
- EV charging
- Motorized sit-stand desks
- Private wellness room
Community / Marketing Title: Level Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-04-01 00:23:39.873
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.